Electrical Circuits - Network/Transfer Function

In summary, the Matricial Circuit of a certain circuit in time-domain is represented by the matrix equation where a is a constant greater than 0. The objective is to find G1(s), which is V1(s)/Es(s), and express it as a ratio of polynomials N(s)/D(s), where D(s) is a monic polynomial. The attempt at a solution involves Laplace transforming the matrix and solving for V1(s), but it is noted that D(s) is not a polynomial in this case. However, using matrix algebra, it is possible to solve for V1(s)/Es(s).
Victor Feitosa

Homework Statement

The Matricial Circuit of a certain circuit in time-domain is:

[ -1 D+a] [v1(t)] = [es(s)]
[D+2 -1] [v2(t)] [0 ]

where a is constant >0.
Find G1(s) = V1(s)/Es(s). Put your result in a relation of polinomials N(s)/D(s), with the D(s) monic polinomial

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

So, i tried to Laplace transform the matrix and then resolve the matrix equation, find V1(s) and then put V1(s)/Es(s).
But D(s) is not a polinomial in this case. Am I missing something?
I think that there is a way to obtain D(s) but I'm not finding it. The book that I am using to study is Fundamental of Electrical Circuits 5th edition by Sadiku.

Thanks, guys!

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok, so this is my matrix equation in original post:

# \begin{pmatrix}
-1 & D+a \\
D+2 & -1
\end{pmatrix}
\quad
\begin{pmatrix}
v1(t)\\
v2(t)
\end{pmatrix}
\quad
=
\begin{pmatrix}
es(t)\\
\end{pmatrix}

[D+2 -1] [v2(t)] [0 ]

is that supposed to be this?

[D+2 -1] [v2(t)]= [0 ]

if that is the case you should be able to use matrix algebra to solve for v1/es

1. What is an electrical circuit network?

An electrical circuit network is a system of interconnected electrical components, such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors, that allows for the flow of electric current. It can be represented by a diagram that shows the connections between the components and their respective values.

2. What is the transfer function of an electrical circuit?

The transfer function of an electrical circuit is a mathematical representation of how the input signal is affected by the circuit and results in an output signal. It is a ratio of the output signal to the input signal and is used to analyze the behavior and performance of the circuit.

3. How is the transfer function of an electrical circuit calculated?

The transfer function of an electrical circuit can be calculated by taking the Laplace transform of the circuit's differential equations and solving for the ratio of the output to the input. It can also be determined by using circuit analysis techniques, such as Kirchhoff's laws and Ohm's law, to simplify the circuit into a transfer function.

4. What is the significance of the transfer function in electrical circuit analysis?

The transfer function is a fundamental tool in electrical circuit analysis as it allows for the prediction and understanding of the behavior of a circuit. It can be used to determine the frequency response, stability, and other characteristics of a circuit. It also enables engineers to design and optimize circuits for specific applications.

5. How do changes in the circuit components affect the transfer function?

Changes in circuit components, such as resistance, capacitance, or inductance, can alter the transfer function of a circuit. This can result in changes in the frequency response, gain, and stability of the circuit. By understanding the relationship between the transfer function and circuit components, engineers can make informed decisions in circuit design and troubleshooting.