Electromagnetism theory questions

In summary, Faraday's Law states that the direction of current flow is the same in both directions across a magnetic field.
skg94

Homework Statement

1. http://http://tinypic.com/r/2r386q1/6

Determine the polarity of the induced magnetic field and direction of electron flow for each. Indicate which end of the generator becomes a negative terminal.

I don't know how to do the last two that you see e and f 2. In the following diagram, a metaliic conductor is moved along a set of conducting rails across a magnetic field. Which end of the conductor becomes the negative terminal? In which direction does convetional current flow in the circut?

http://tinypic.com/r/hwijxj/63. A positively charged sphere is suspended between two large metal plates as shown in the diagram. A wire is placed between the poles of a horseshow magnet and connected to the metal plates. When the wire is drawn horizontally to the right the charged ball is observed to swing toward the right hand metal plate.

a) Determine the direction of the induced electron flow in the wire in the horseshoe magnet.
b) Is the top pole of hte magnet a north or south pole explain?
http://tinypic.com/r/ncmkh2/6

Homework Equations

none

The Attempt at a Solution

Im completely at a loss at these theoritcally quesitons if anyone can please help me, i have a test tomorrow and i am desperate to learn, i have made some attempts but my logic on these things seem flawed and are just mere guesses.- won't work so the link is posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The first link seems dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Electromagnetism theory questions

1. What is electromagnetic theory?

Electromagnetic theory is a branch of physics that explains the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It describes how electric charges and currents create magnetic fields, and how changing magnetic fields can induce electric currents.

2. What are the fundamental principles of electromagnetic theory?

The fundamental principles of electromagnetic theory are the laws of electricity and magnetism, namely Coulomb's law, Gauss's law, Ampere's law, and Faraday's law. These laws explain the behavior of electric charges and currents, as well as the creation and interaction of electric and magnetic fields.

3. How is electromagnetic theory applied in everyday life?

Electromagnetic theory has numerous practical applications in our everyday lives. Some examples include the generation and transmission of electricity, the operation of electronic devices, and the functioning of motors and generators. It also plays a crucial role in technologies such as radio, television, and telecommunications.

4. What is the relationship between electromagnetism and light?

Electromagnetism and light are closely related, as light is an electromagnetic wave. This means that it consists of oscillating electric and magnetic fields that travel through space at the speed of light. The theory of electromagnetism explains how light is created and how it interacts with matter.

5. How has our understanding of electromagnetic theory evolved over time?

Our understanding of electromagnetic theory has evolved significantly since it was first developed in the 19th century. Initially, it was thought that electricity and magnetism were separate phenomena, but experiments by scientists such as Faraday and Maxwell led to the realization that they were closely related. Over time, our understanding has continued to deepen, leading to advancements in technology and further insights into the nature of the universe.