Electronic Engineering Projects

In summary: We have a long thread here about one feature in the book "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill.I have not read it but I will definitely check it out.Do you have any experience with Arduino boards? I have not read it but I will definitely check it out.
electronic engineer
Hello,

I'm just open to new ideas about Electronics. For some reason or another, I loved this community. I want to participate in discussions about Electronics but I want something constructive, new ideas. I'm located in Europe so it would also nice to meet with other members here and share thoughts. We can create projects or just solve homeworks. Sometimes I read books in Electronics but I want something real.

In anyway, I would like to hear your opinions.

Thank you.

Likes DennisN and mcastillo356
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, electronic engineer, I live in Europe, but I'm afraid I am not the profile you are looking for: I only have basic theoretical knowledge about this issue; additionally, I am now focused in Calculus.
Greetings, best wishes!

electronic engineer said:
I'm just open to new ideas about Electronics.
What is your background so far? Have you built any electronics projects? If you are in school, does the school have any clubs or societies that might have the people in them that you'd like to meet and have discussions with?

Likes phinds
I'm just open to new ideas about Electronics. For some reason or another, I loved this community. I want to participate in discussions about Electronics but I want something constructive, new ideas.
Any particular branches of electronics you are particularly interested in?

(My main interests are analogue electronics, semiconductors and audio electronics, but currently I am not doing anything besides rewiring and modding the electronics of guitars and soldering simple audio cables :smile:).

berkeman said:
What is your background so far? Have you built any electronics projects? If you are in school, does the school have any clubs or societies that might have the people in them that you'd like to meet and have discussions with?
I just have Electronics Engineering diploma. Currenly I'm not involved in any school, actually I'm not from here. I live in Europe but I'm not participating in scientific activities, I'm just working whatever. That's why I decided to write here, perhaps to meet friends and discuss about Electronics.

I just have Electronics Engineering diploma.
Is that a 2-year degree or a 4-year degree? What are your favorite areas of electronics so far? What projects have you built so far? Have you written any software (like for controlling an Arduino, for example)?

DennisN said:
Any particular branches of electronics you are particularly interested in?

(My main interests are analogue electronics, semiconductors and audio electronics, but currently I am not doing anything besides rewiring and modding the electronics of guitars and soldering simple audio cables :smile:).
I'm interested in analogue electronics in general.

There is a book I liked named:

Ten Essential Skills for Electrical Engineers by Barry L. Dorr.

I've been reading it, somehow it's quite comprehensive and includes almost everything in clever way. I would be glad to have someone discuss with me about solving problems in each chapter, they are somehow challenging. Or to find someway to have something in common with people as team maybe.

There is a book I liked named:

Ten Essential Skills for Electrical Engineers by Barry L. Dorr.

I've been reading it, somehow it's quite comprehensive and includes almost everything in clever way.
We have a long thread here about one feature in the book "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill. You might enjoy reading through it and seeing how many of the "bad circuit" problems you can figure out... :smile:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/bad-circuits-test-your-knowledge.178516/

What is electronic engineering?

Electronic engineering is a branch of engineering that involves the study and application of electronic circuits, devices, and systems. It focuses on the design and development of electronic components and technologies, as well as their integration into various devices and systems.

What are some common electronic engineering projects?

Some common electronic engineering projects include designing and building electronic circuits, developing new electronic devices, creating computer hardware and software, and designing communication systems.

What skills are needed for electronic engineering projects?

Electronic engineering projects require a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science. Other important skills include problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail. Knowledge of programming languages and experience with design software is also beneficial.

What are the steps involved in an electronic engineering project?

The steps involved in an electronic engineering project typically include defining the problem, conducting research, designing a solution, prototyping and testing the solution, and implementing the final product. This process may also involve collaboration with other engineers and professionals, as well as obtaining necessary materials and components.

What are some current trends in electronic engineering projects?

Some current trends in electronic engineering projects include the development of smart and connected devices, advancements in artificial intelligence and machine learning, and the integration of renewable energy sources into electronic systems. There is also a growing focus on sustainability and reducing the environmental impact of electronic devices and systems.