Electrostatic exercise, Electrical charge calculation

In summary, the problem is asking for the number of electrons needed to transfer between two spheres of copper separated by 1 meter to create an attractive force of 1x10^4 Newtons. The result is 6.59x10^15 electrons. Using Coulomb's law, Q1 and Q2 can be found, and then Q can be used to calculate the number of electrons needed.
nicolas.ard
Hello, i have to solve the following problem, i have the result, but i can get the way to arrive to it.
This is the problem:
There are 2 spheres of copper, separated at 1 meter, each sphere have a weight of 1 Kg initially.

The problem want's to know how many electrons i need to transfer from one sphere to the other one, to get a attractive force between the both spheres of 1x10^4 Newtons.

The result it's 6.59x10^15 electrons

I planted the Coulomb equation, but it's don't work. (B it's the number of electrons to transfer)
[itex]Q_{1} = 2.7502*10^{26}electrons - B [/itex]
[itex]Q_{2} = 2.7502*10^{26}electrons + B [/itex]

[itex]1*10^{4}= \frac{Q_{1}*(-1.6)*10^19*Q_{2}*(-1.6)*10^19}{1^{2}}[/itex]

Greets from Argentina!
Nicolas

Physics news on Phys.org
nicolas.ard said:
Hello, i have to solve the following problem, i have the result, but i can get the way to arrive to it.
This is the problem:
There are 2 spheres of copper, separated at 1 meter, each sphere have a weight of 1 Kg initially.

The problem want's to know how many electrons i need to transfer from one sphere to the other one, to get a attractive force between the both spheres of 1x10^4 Newtons.

The result it's 6.59x10^15 electrons

I planted the Coulomb equation, but it's don't work. (B it's the number of electrons to transfer)
[itex]Q_{1} = 2.7502*10^{26}electrons - B [/itex]
[itex]Q_{2} = 2.7502*10^{26}electrons + B [/itex]

[itex]1*10^{4}= \frac{Q_{1}*(-1.6)*10^19*Q_{2}*(-1.6)*10^19}{1^{2}}[/itex]

Greets from Argentina!
Nicolas
First things first.

Use Coulomb's law to find how much charge needs to be transferred. Of course, Q1 = -Q2 , so I suggest letting Q = Q1 and Q2 = - Q.

After finding Q, then find out how many electrons need to be transferred.

Related to Electrostatic exercise, Electrical charge calculation

1. What is electrostatic exercise?

Electrostatic exercise is a form of physical activity that utilizes electrical charges to stimulate muscle contractions. This can be achieved through the use of special equipment, such as electrostimulation machines, or through certain exercises that create a build-up of static electricity.

2. How does electrostatic exercise work?

During electrostatic exercise, electrical charges are applied to the muscles, causing them to contract and relax. This mimics the natural process of muscle contraction during physical activity. The intensity and frequency of the electrical charges can be adjusted to target specific muscle groups and achieve desired fitness goals.

3. What are the benefits of electrostatic exercise?

Electrostatic exercise can help improve muscle strength, endurance, and tone. It can also aid in injury rehabilitation and reduce muscle atrophy. Additionally, electrostatic exercise can be a low-impact form of physical activity, making it suitable for individuals with joint or mobility issues.

4. How is electrical charge calculated?

The basic formula for calculating electrical charge is Q = I x t, where Q represents charge in coulombs, I represents current in amperes, and t represents time in seconds. This formula can be used to determine the charge produced by an electrostatic exercise machine or the amount of charge needed for a specific exercise.

5. Is electrostatic exercise safe?

When performed correctly and under the guidance of a trained professional, electrostatic exercise is generally safe. However, it is important to follow proper safety precautions, such as using equipment as instructed and avoiding overexertion. Individuals with certain medical conditions or implanted medical devices should consult with a doctor before engaging in electrostatic exercise.