Emergent Gravity and the Dark Universe

In summary, the paper discusses the concept of gravity and its emergence from information in micro and macro spaces. It is suggested that the information was pre-coded like DNA and that the emergence of gravity and space-time may have been pre-ordained to create the universe. However, the idea that state 'A' must have been purposely configured for state 'B' to emerge is not supported by observations or predictions from models.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I am not sure about how micro and macro spaces communicate information, but this paper seems to need it for gravity to emerge. The paper is far to advanced for me to understand completely

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1611.02269v2.pdf

It also seems that in this paper that gravity and space time emerged, Emerged from what? was the information
pre coded like DNA, I am confused.

Edit
It seems like all these bits of information were pre ordained to make a universe.

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
Searching for 'Verlinde' in PF gives seven pages of results.

BvU said:
Searching for 'Verlinde' in PF gives seven pages of results.

Thank you BvU, but the only information i can glean is as my OP.

If it is observed that a state 'A' can eventually lead to a state 'B', that is simply an observation of what in fact happens.
That doesn't carry any implication that state 'A' must have been purposefully configured so that state 'B' will eventually emerge.

If we are dealing not with observations but predictions from models the same applies, although models are not definitive facts.

Last edited:
A thread by the same title as this thread was started back in Nov 2016 in the BTSM forum.

1. What is emergent gravity?

Emergent gravity is a theory proposed by physicist Erik Verlinde that suggests gravity is not a fundamental force, but rather emerges from the collective behavior of particles in space.

2. How does emergent gravity differ from traditional theories of gravity?

Unlike traditional theories, which posit that gravity is caused by the curvature of spacetime, emergent gravity proposes that it is a result of the entanglement of quantum particles.

3. What is the connection between emergent gravity and the dark universe?

Emergent gravity offers a potential explanation for the phenomena of dark matter and dark energy, which are currently unexplained by traditional theories of gravity. It suggests that these mysterious forces are actually emergent properties of the universe.

4. Has emergent gravity been proven?

While there is evidence that supports some aspects of emergent gravity, it is still a relatively new and unproven theory. More research and experimentation is needed to fully test and validate its claims.

5. What are the potential implications of emergent gravity for our understanding of the universe?

If emergent gravity is proven to be true, it could fundamentally change our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. It would also have significant implications for fields such as cosmology and astrophysics, potentially leading to new discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe.