Engineering career conlsultation

In summary, The speaker is a high school senior interested in software engineering and is seeking advice and information. They note that it may not be a common field in engineering and have concerns about outsourcing. They also mention other interests in chemical/petroleum engineering and engineering management.
narutoish
hi i am senior in high school and looking forward to engineering. i am currently interested in software engineering and would like any advice/information that's helpful. i have heard its a good career, but for some reason it seems that its not very common among engineering, as i have seen that a lot of colleges don't have it (this forum doesn't have a section for software engineering either). i also heard that software engineers get outsourced after couple of years so please let me know if that's true. my school doesn't have that many computer classes but i have taken Business computer applications I - II.

my other interests were chemical/petroleum engineering and engineering management so any information/advice on that would be helpful as well

thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Software engineering probably shows up as Computer Science at lots of colleges.

What is the role of an engineering career consultation?

An engineering career consultation helps individuals in the engineering field make informed decisions about their career paths. This may include providing guidance on job opportunities, assessing skills and interests, and offering resources for professional development.

How can an engineering career consultation benefit me?

An engineering career consultation can benefit you in many ways. It can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, explore potential career paths, and develop a plan to achieve your career goals. It can also provide valuable insights and advice from experienced professionals in the field.

Who should seek an engineering career consultation?

Anyone who is pursuing a career in engineering or considering a career change within the field can benefit from an engineering career consultation. This includes students, recent graduates, and experienced professionals.

What can I expect from an engineering career consultation?

In an engineering career consultation, you can expect to discuss your career aspirations, skills and experience, and any challenges or concerns you may have. The consultant will provide personalized recommendations and resources to help you achieve your career goals.

How do I find a reputable engineering career consultant?

You can find a reputable engineering career consultant by researching online, asking for recommendations from colleagues or professors, and checking their credentials and experience. It is important to find a consultant who has expertise in the engineering field and a track record of successfully helping individuals with their career goals.