Exercise and Pastime activities

• Thread starter Square1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exercise
In summary, the conversation discusses strategies for maintaining a stable life and minimizing stress, and how this can affect studies and work. The individual mentions the importance of having routine, but also notes that indulging in pleasure can sometimes dampen motivation. They also mention that starting a new workout can throw them off track. The conversation ends with a mention of procrastination as a potential cause of stress and instability.
Square1
Hi I wanted to know what your strategies and throughts are for keeping your life stable and minimizing stress. How does this affect your studies/work? Yes, sometimes stress can be the fire under your a** but obviously it's not sustainable. I find it's good to have routine in life, but if I over-indulge in pleasure, it can dampen my motivation for my studies (which at a higher and long term level, I enjoy a lot). Even starting a new workout sometimes throws me off for that day or the next too. So what are your thoughts?!

Thanks,

Square

Physics news on Phys.org
I can tell you the best way to maximize stress and instability that I know of is to procrastinate.

Oh trust me, I believe you lol. But ok we got that out onto the table. Good lol :D

What is the recommended amount of exercise per week?

The American Heart Association recommends at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous exercise per week for adults. This can be broken down into 30 minutes of moderate exercise, 5 days a week, or 25 minutes of vigorous exercise, 3 days a week.

What are the benefits of regular exercise?

Regular exercise has numerous benefits, including improved cardiovascular health, increased muscle strength and endurance, weight management, improved mood and mental health, and reduced risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.

What are some examples of moderate exercise?

Moderate exercise includes activities such as brisk walking, biking, swimming, dancing, and gardening. These activities should elevate your heart rate and cause you to break a sweat, but still allow you to carry on a conversation.

How often should I take breaks during prolonged sitting?

Experts recommend taking a break from prolonged sitting every 30 minutes. This can be as simple as standing up and stretching, taking a short walk, or doing some light exercises.

What are some fun pastime activities that can also count as exercise?

There are many fun activities that can also provide a great workout, such as hiking, playing a sport, dancing, rock climbing, kayaking, and even cleaning or gardening. It's important to find activities that you enjoy and that will keep you motivated to stay active.