Exercise with convergent and divergent lenses

In summary, convergent lenses are thicker in the middle and thinner at the edges, causing parallel rays of light to converge, while divergent lenses are thinner in the middle and thicker at the edges, causing parallel rays of light to diverge. Exercise with these lenses can improve vision by strengthening eye muscles and reducing reliance on glasses or contacts. Common exercises include pencil push-ups and near-far shifting, and they should be done daily for at least 10-15 minutes. While these exercises can improve vision, they may not correct underlying vision problems and it is important to consult with an eye doctor for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
albertus50
Homework Statement
Hello, i have gotten 3 optics exercices and i am struggling. I have looked up lessons on the internet and attempted to do the 1st exercice but i doubt i did it right. This is the statement:
Relevant Equations
A system has a convergent lens labelled L1, which has a focal length of +100mm, and a divergent lens with a focal length of -100mm. The optical centers O1and O2 of both these lenses find themselves at a distance of 90mm.

An object (A1B1), that has a height of 90mm is placed 300mms away from O1. (A1, O1 and O2 is the order of these elements on the axis).

Draw the image at a 1:3 ratio, of the A2'B2' object that is projected by this lens system.

I will insert below my attempt at resolution. I have divided every value in mm that i was given by 3 so that my final object is already the right size.
Thanks in advance for your answers!
20200506_163330.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh and i forgot to add that they then ask us to calculate the distance between the A1B1 object and it's A2'B2' Image.

1. What is the difference between convergent and divergent lenses?

Convergent lenses are thicker in the middle and thinner at the edges, causing light rays to converge or come together. Divergent lenses are thinner in the middle and thicker at the edges, causing light rays to diverge or spread apart.

2. How does exercise with convergent and divergent lenses work?

Exercising with convergent lenses involves focusing on objects that are closer to you, which requires your eyes to accommodate or adjust to the increased curvature of the lens. On the other hand, exercising with divergent lenses involves focusing on objects that are farther away, which requires your eyes to relax and adjust to the decreased curvature of the lens.

3. Can exercise with convergent and divergent lenses improve vision?

Yes, exercising with these lenses can help improve vision by strengthening the muscles that control the curvature of the lens. This can lead to better control over the lens and improved ability to focus on objects at different distances.

4. How often should one exercise with convergent and divergent lenses?

The frequency of exercising with these lenses may vary depending on individual needs and goals. It is recommended to consult with an eye doctor to determine the appropriate frequency and duration of exercise for optimal results.

5. Are there any risks associated with exercising with convergent and divergent lenses?

While exercising with these lenses is generally safe, there is a risk of overexertion or strain on the eye muscles if done excessively. It is important to follow proper techniques and consult with an eye doctor if any discomfort or vision changes occur during or after exercising.