Factoring rational equations -- looking for worked out practice problems

In summary, factorizing is the process of representing a number, matrix, or polynomial as a product of its factors. To practice this concept, one can find worked out problems and examples in college algebra textbooks or online resources. Using these resources, one can learn how to simplify rational expressions and solve rational equations by applying the principles of factoring.
awholenumber
Factorize - To represent a number, matrix or polynomial as a product of factors

Where can i find some worked out practice problems ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Take a look here for instance for factoring / simplifying rational expressions and then you can apply the concepts to solve rational equations.

Thanks , but

Its not opening in my place , i had to use a web proxy to see that website . don't know why it is like that .

awholenumber said:
Thanks , but

Its not opening in my place , i had to use a web proxy to see that website . don't know why it is like that .

Try this one.

Thanks a lot :-)

One should find what are wanted in any good College Algebra textbook. I know; because I have reviewed Rational Equations from a couple of older College Algebra books. They are good. Yes! Examples worked out, too. Also check on YouTube for other examples. You will find many.

Ok thanks , i have a couple of college texts somewhere in my cupboard , maybe i should refer that once more :-)

1. What is factoring in rational equations?

Factoring in rational equations is the process of breaking down a rational expression into simpler forms. This is done by finding common factors in both the numerator and denominator and canceling them out, which results in a simplified form of the expression.

2. Why is factoring important in solving rational equations?

Factoring is important in solving rational equations because it allows us to simplify complex expressions and make them easier to work with. This can also help us identify any restrictions on the variable in the rational expression.

3. How do I know when to use factoring in rational equations?

You should use factoring in rational equations when you are trying to simplify or solve an equation that contains fractions or rational expressions. This can make the problem easier to solve and can also help you identify the solutions or restrictions on the variable.

4. Can you provide an example of factoring in rational equations?

Sure, let's say we have the rational expression (x^2-4)/(x^2+3x). We can factor the numerator and denominator to get [(x+2)(x-2)]/[(x+3)x]. Then, we can cancel out the common factor of (x+2) and simplify the expression to (x-2)/(x+3).

5. Where can I find practice problems for factoring in rational equations?

There are many resources available online for practice problems on factoring rational equations. You can search for worksheets or practice quizzes, or you can find videos and tutorials that provide step-by-step solutions to problems. Your textbook or class notes may also have practice problems for you to work on.