Favorite Element Poll - Einsteinium, Seaborgium, Lawrencium, Fermium, Uranium

In summary: I like vanadium because it is strong and has a nice blue hue.Not for more than about 20 elements at a time.tin! :tongue2:It's short for tinytimium! :smile:Not element 5 anyway, because that's just boron :wink:BEST PUN EVER. But you better check yourself. Some scientists theorize that some forms of good ol' number 5 could be harder than diamond...I love boron. Did you know boride is "borek" in Polish?Yes, I did know that. Borek has something to do with your name too right? For my part it's iron and then titanium.
To actually xenon is the most noble noble gas. It is purple when excited. Purple is the color of royalty.

Physics news on Phys.org
beatlemaniacj said:
To actually xenon is the most noble noble gas. It is purple when excited. Purple is the color of royalty.

but royalties are when the playwright gets paid in the green room, so why not phosphorous?!

Playwrights in A green room?! And phosphorous is with red, black, or white. And phosphorous isn't a noble gas. Think of all the phosphates

beatlemaniacj said:
Playwrights in A green room?! And phosphorous is with red, black, or white. And phosphorous isn't a noble gas. Think of all the phosphates
you red me wrong, phosphorous glows green too; it's not a noble gas, but it's noble because of the royalties in the green room.

Are aren't we pivoting meaning on homonymic fulcrums?

I like the classics: hydrogen,oxygen and carbon.Chlorine is kind of cool too.

I'm going to go with beryllium. (I just think it should be spelled bearyllium.)

Loren Booda said:
Helium, the noblist element of all!
Not nobelium?

As I lived in the federal state it was named after for quite some while, I am going with hassium.

I'm surprised no one's said holmium

"Holmium has the highest magnetic strength of any element and therefore is used for the polepieces of the strongest static magnets. Because holmium strongly absorbs neutrons, it is also used in nuclear control rods."

How can anyone *not* get excited by that?

How about unbelievium and unobtainium.

Astronuc said:

Ah yes, I think frictionless surfaces are made from unbelievium, and massless pulleys are made from unobtainium.

Astronuc said:
...and administratium.