Fibromyalgia, alternative med, cbd

• Thread starter Eleuterio003
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking advice on the best marijuana strain to use for fibromyalgia pain relief. They have tried prescription medication but it only provides temporary relief. They have tried a joint and found it to be effective, but do not know what strain it is. They have done their own research and came across a website that recommended a strain with high pain management effects. They are also interested in other forms of consuming marijuana for pain relief and are seeking advice and recommendations. However, the moderator closes the thread and advises the person to consult a doctor or pharmacologist for proper medical advice.
Eleuterio003
I don't know if this is the right section to ask this but I'll take my chances anyway.

I Just want to ask if someone here knows the right marijuana strain to use when it come with fibromyalgia?

I've been suffering with back pain for almost 7 months now and can't sleep properly at night. I already have a prescription meds but I refrain on using them coz it only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. Then one of my friends gave me a joint to try if it makes me feel better and it does! I try asking him what it is but he has no idea also. So I started doing my own research about medical marijuana and strains that would be effective against pain and came across this some a website. <Moderator's note: Advertisement link removed.>
I'm not sure if that's the strain that I've tried but it has the highest pain management effect. Cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. If it's true, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
I'm afraid we can't help you with this.
  • We lack expertise.
  • We cannot give medical advise: too dangerous.
  • It's a matter of responsibility to advice you to consult a real doctor.
  • Such discussions on the internet are never a good idea to rely on.
  • We cannot control who answers out of which interest.
So all we can do is to send you to a doctor or pharmacologist who know better what can help you on this special case.

Get well.
Thread closed.

PF cannot provide medical advice. Please consult your medial professional.

1. What is Fibromyalgia?

Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain, fatigue, and tenderness in specific areas of the body. It is often accompanied by sleep disturbances, memory and mood issues, and other symptoms.

2. What are alternative medicines for Fibromyalgia?

Alternative medicines for Fibromyalgia include acupuncture, massage therapy, yoga, and herbal supplements. These treatments have shown to be helpful in managing symptoms and improving quality of life for some individuals with Fibromyalgia.

3. Can CBD help with Fibromyalgia?

CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound derived from the cannabis plant that has been gaining popularity as a potential treatment for various health conditions, including Fibromyalgia. While research is still ongoing, some studies have shown that CBD may help with pain, inflammation, and sleep issues associated with Fibromyalgia.

4. Is CBD legal for use in treating Fibromyalgia?

The legality of CBD for treating Fibromyalgia varies by country and state. In some places, CBD is legal for medical use with a prescription, while in others it may be available over-the-counter or not legal at all. It is important to check the laws and regulations in your area before using CBD for Fibromyalgia.

5. Are there any potential side effects of using alternative medicines or CBD for Fibromyalgia?

As with any treatment, there may be potential side effects when using alternative medicines or CBD for Fibromyalgia. These can vary depending on the specific treatment and individual, but may include nausea, dizziness, and changes in appetite or mood. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new treatment and to carefully monitor for any adverse reactions.