Fillet Welding: T-Joints with 10mm Plates

In summary, The conversation discusses the use of fillet weld symbols and their interpretation in a T-joint with 10mm thickness plates. It is suggested to use an arrow to designate weld locations and the "all around" symbol if needed. The question arises about using the same symbol for all sides of the legs with varying sizes.
doan
Dear all,

I've one question about fillet weld.
Ex. i have T-joint with both plate are 10mm thickness. if i want weld around on leg of plate, so which symbol can i choose on both case below?
1. Both side of arrow is triangular and no around symbol.
2. only side of arrow is triangular and increase around symbol.

thanks so much!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Just use an arrow to designate weld locations. It will be interpretted as a full length weld at the designated legs on the arrow side of the joint. Use the all around symbol if that is the intent.

Thanks Chronos!
But around of legs having 2 small sides and 2 larger sides, can i use case 1 above for all?
Thanks
N-Doan

What is fillet welding?

Fillet welding is a type of welding used to join two pieces of metal at a 90-degree angle. It is commonly used for T-joints, where one piece of metal is perpendicular to the other.

What are T-joints?

T-joints are a type of joint where one piece of metal is perpendicular to another, forming a "T" shape. They are common in construction and fabrication projects.

What size plates are typically used for fillet welding T-joints?

For fillet welding T-joints, plates that are 10mm thick are commonly used. However, this may vary depending on the specific project and the materials being welded.

What materials can be used for fillet welding T-joints?

Fillet welding can be used to join a variety of materials, including steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and other metals. The specific material used will depend on the requirements of the project.

What are the advantages of using fillet welding for T-joints with 10mm plates?

Some advantages of using fillet welding for T-joints with 10mm plates include its versatility, as it can be used with a variety of materials; its strength, as fillet welds can provide strong and durable joints; and its cost-effectiveness, as it typically requires less time and materials compared to other welding techniques.