Find Answers to Infinite Series/Sequences - R.C Reilly Textbook

• Thread starter pnerd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Text
In summary, the speaker is taking a course on infinite series/sequences and is using a textbook by R.C Reilly. However, there are no answer keys provided in the booklet, making it difficult to check their answers. They have tried searching for the name of the textbook online, but have had no luck. The speaker is asking for recommendations for other textbooks or ways to check their answers, such as comparing notes with friends or working through the problems again.
pnerd
I'm taking an infinite series/sequence course and the text they give us is out of a textbook written by R.C Reilly. The problem is, there is no answers in the back of the booklet for me to check my answers. I've tried googling for the name of the textbook but no such luck. I understand that this is very vague, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the name of this text or are there any OTHER texts you guys can refer me to for studying infinite series/sequences. TIA

Physics news on Phys.org
better books never have answers in the back. compare notes with your friends, or work the problems twice.

It can be frustrating when there are no answers provided in a textbook, especially for a course like infinite series/sequences where it is important to check your work. I would suggest reaching out to your professor or classmates to see if they have any resources or solutions available. You can also try contacting the publisher of the textbook to see if they have a solution manual or if they can direct you to where you can find the answers. Additionally, there are many online resources and textbooks available that cover infinite series/sequences, so you can try searching for those as well. Some popular textbooks on the subject include "Introduction to Infinite Series" by William Trench and "Infinite Series" by Earl D. Rainville. I hope you are able to find the answers you need to succeed in your course. Good luck!

Related to Find Answers to Infinite Series/Sequences - R.C Reilly Textbook

1. What is the purpose of studying infinite series/sequences?

The purpose of studying infinite series/sequences is to understand patterns and relationships in numbers and functions that continue infinitely. This can help in solving various mathematical problems and making predictions in real-world situations.

2. How are infinite series/sequences different from finite series/sequences?

Infinite series/sequences continue indefinitely, while finite series/sequences have a fixed number of terms. This means that infinite series/sequences have no end, while finite series/sequences have a defined end point. Additionally, infinite series/sequences may converge or diverge, while finite series/sequences always have a definite sum or limit.

3. What is the importance of understanding convergence and divergence in infinite series/sequences?

Understanding convergence and divergence helps in determining whether an infinite series/sequence has a finite limit or sum. This is important in making predictions and solving problems in fields such as mathematics, physics, and engineering.

4. How can I determine the convergence or divergence of an infinite series/sequence?

There are various tests and methods for determining the convergence or divergence of an infinite series/sequence, such as the ratio test, the root test, and the integral test. These tests involve analyzing the behavior of the terms in the series/sequence and can help determine if the series/sequence converges or diverges.

5. Can infinite series/sequences have real-world applications?

Yes, infinite series/sequences have many real-world applications, such as in finance, physics, and computer science. For example, the concept of compound interest in finance can be expressed as an infinite series, and the motion of a pendulum in physics can be modeled using an infinite sequence of positions. Understanding infinite series/sequences is essential in many scientific and technological fields.