Find Outbox: Locating Your Private Messages

• Complaint
  • Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, to find your outbox for private messages, click on the "Mail" icon in the upper right corner of the forum window. From there, open a new tab and view the highlighted display of the Inbox. Toward the right hand side, you will see a blue bar with the word "Filters." Click the arrow next to "Filters" and choose the option to show only messages "Started By Me." This will allow you to see your sent messages, although it may not be exactly the same as an outbox.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
How do we find our outbox for private messages we sent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is there an outbox? For me, conversations look like threads, with your posts in line with everyone else's.

Likes russ_watters
symbolipoint said:
In the upper right corner of the forum window. It looks like a little snail-mail letter envelope. It serves as both an Inbox and an Out/Sent box.

1598907046327.png

You guys have an outbox? I send all of my private messages by raven...

Not owl?
Never mind, previous decade.

Likes etotheipi
I ask without trying to makes jokes.
Ibix said:
Is there an outbox? For me, conversations look like threads, with your posts in line with everyone else's.
So we have no OutBox for our private messages?

symbolipoint said:
That's the slot on the back of the OutHouse. :wink:

sorry, just couldn't resist That one

I just filter on messages started by 'me' in the private message forum. It's a bit clunky, but it works.

Maybe I found a way to see what I ask, but maybe it is not exactly the same as an OutBox. Based almost on #9 post,

1. Right-click on the "Mail" icon
  2. Open a /in a new tab
  3. View the highlighted display of the Inbox
  4. Find or see toward the right hand side, the blue bar with the word, Filters
  5. Click the arrow next to "Filters"
  6. See a list of choices; the most suitable seeming to be, show only "Started By Me".

I have not tried it yet, but is maybe as close as I may get.

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. What is the purpose of Find Outbox?

The purpose of Find Outbox is to help users locate their private messages on a messaging platform. It provides a quick and efficient way to access and organize private messages.

2. How does Find Outbox work?

Find Outbox works by scanning the messaging platform for private messages and organizing them into a separate outbox. It uses algorithms and filters to identify and sort private messages from other types of messages.

3. Can Find Outbox access my private messages without my permission?

No, Find Outbox cannot access your private messages without your permission. It only works within the messaging platform and does not have access to any external data or messages.

4. Is Find Outbox compatible with all messaging platforms?

Find Outbox is compatible with most popular messaging platforms, but it may not work with all of them. It is constantly being updated to support new platforms and improve compatibility.

5. Is Find Outbox a secure tool?

Yes, Find Outbox is a secure tool. It does not store or share any personal information or messages. It only helps users locate their own private messages within the messaging platform.