Find the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A

In summary, the conversation involves finding the current in a 2Ω resistor marked A. The equations used are V=IR, Loop Rule, and Junction Rule. The person has no solution and is seeking guidance on how to approach the problem. The circuit can be divided into three sections: the left path with an 8Ω resistor and a 2Ω resistor, the right path with an 8Ω resistor (which appears to be shorted) and a 2Ω resistor, and the middle section. The question is how the left and right sections affect the current through resistor A.
fishy

Homework Statement

I attached the image, but it's asking me to find the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A.

Homework Equations

V=IR
Loop Rule
Junction Rule: I(in)=I(out(

The Attempt at a Solution

I have no solution. I just conceptually don't understand how my professor worked this problem and would like any guidance on what he did or some other way to complete this problem.

Attachments

• PWORx93.png
    PWORx93.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 564
Physics news on Phys.org
There are basically 3 sections to the circuit, the 8ohm-2ohm path on the left, the 8 ohm (which appears to be shorted)-2ohm-3ohm path on the right and the all the stuff in the middle.

What effect do the left and right sections have on the current through resistor A ?

Related to Find the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A

1. How do I find the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A?

To find the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A, you will need to use Ohm's law. This law states that current (I) is equal to voltage (V) divided by resistance (R). Therefore, the current in the 2Ω resistor can be calculated by dividing the voltage across the resistor by its resistance.

2. What is the voltage across the 2Ω resistor marked A?

The voltage across the 2Ω resistor marked A can be found by using Ohm's law. The voltage is equal to the current (I) multiplied by the resistance (R). In this case, the voltage will depend on the current flowing through the resistor.

3. Is the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A dependent on the circuit?

Yes, the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A is dependent on the circuit. This is because the current is affected by the voltage and resistance in the circuit, and these values can change depending on the components and arrangement of the circuit.

4. Can the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A change over time?

Yes, the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A can change over time. This can happen if the voltage or resistance in the circuit changes, or if other components in the circuit affect the flow of current.

5. How does the current in the 2Ω resistor marked A affect the rest of the circuit?

The current in the 2Ω resistor marked A can affect the rest of the circuit by changing the voltage and current flow in other components. This can impact the overall operation of the circuit and may cause changes in the behavior of other components. Therefore, it is important to accurately calculate and understand the current in this resistor in order to properly analyze the circuit.