Find Traditional Clothes - No Clothes Snobbery Here!

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: I dress how I feel and what I like. If someone likes it, they like it. If they don't, that's their problem.In summary, Americans call trousers pants because it is shorter and takes less time to spell. They also find it barbaric to wear clothing that is more covering. Jeans, shorts, and a t-shirt are usually what they wear. Some people think it is weird that I wear tennis shoes or jeans instead of "zories" (sandals) and shorts/trunks.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I am not a snob but i like to buy the same things, like levi button 501s and
plaid shirts, socks i try to buy by the dozen pair all the same, so i do not end up wearing odd ones, but it is getting so hard to find these clothes, ok i will only shop when i have to, the very idea makes me tremble but why is it so hard to find ones traditional togs?

Physics news on Phys.org
Personally, I like a simple clean look. Something along the lines of black shoes, black or grey pants, a simple watch with a small black leather wrist band, and a nice polo shirt. But I usually dress like crap unless I am at work. (Jeans, adidas and a T-shirt)

http://www.bananarepublic.com/Asset_Archive/BRWeb/Assets/Outfit/033/OUT03363/outfit/br-otf-out03363odv01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yuk, very marks and spencer, why do you americans call trousers pants ?

because pants is shorter and takes less time to spell

yomamma said:
because pants is shorter and takes less time to spell

Oh , yes i forgot PJs, i bet some of you still wear them. :rofl:

I wear flip-flops, shorts, and a t-shirt every single day. I consider anything more covering to be barbaric.

I wear jeans (usually wranglers or whatever else they have at Lammle's Western Wear lol) or shorts if weather permits, a t shirt and running shoes

I started going to second hand clothing store (thrift stores) to buy nice polo shirts.

I got this nice yellow one for like $1.

Save big bucks and get things that are totally original. I hate wearing shirts other people might have. Not very often I see others with my shirt, but it does happen. I hate it.

I wear jeans, a t-shirt/polo shirt, and sandals/tennis shoes. Everyday. Almost.

Mk said:
I'm glad to hear that you wear clothing on most days. Sometimes the police are picky about that. :smile:

Some people think it is weird that I wear tennis shoes or jeans instead of "zories" (sandals) and shorts/trunks. Well that is the island life for you.

why do you americans call trousers pants ?
Because it doesn't have a "u" in it like all european words. That food sure is full of colour and flavour. Just a moment, I must rendezvous with someone for a minute.

Math Is Hard said:
I'm glad to hear that you wear clothing on most days. Sometimes the police are picky about that. :smile:

Not so much in California. You should know this though.

I am not. 241241

franznietzsche said:
Not so much in California. You should know this though.
duh. I forgot about Flash Fridays.:redface:

wolram said:
yuk, very marks and spencer, why do you americans call trousers pants ?
Becuase if we called them "pantaloons" we'd laugh so much and never get any work done.

And "trousers" sound like what mommy dresses her little kiddies in.

Mk said:
Why so formal!? :biggrin:

I can see now that americans have no dress sence, pantyloons, sandles,
polo shirts :yuck: :rofl:

Dressing well seems to be the forté of women, and I am constantly astonished at how sharp and attractive many of them look without being "dressed up" or in formal clothes. It seems to be the result of their concentration and focus on coodinating one thing with the other.

I don't much pay attention to other guy's clothes unless they unexpectedly show up dressed as pirates or Freddie Krueger.

1. What are traditional clothes?

Traditional clothes refer to clothing items that have been worn by a particular group of people for many years, often as part of their cultural or historical heritage. These clothes may have specific styles, designs, materials, and colors that are unique to the group.

2. How do I find traditional clothes?

You can find traditional clothes by researching the cultural or historical background of a particular group and identifying their traditional clothing styles. You can also visit museums, cultural events, and online marketplaces that specialize in selling traditional clothes.

3. Is there a difference between traditional clothes and cultural appropriation?

Yes, there is a difference. Traditional clothes hold significance and meaning to the group of people who wear them, while cultural appropriation involves taking elements of a culture without understanding or respecting its significance and often leads to exploitation or misrepresentation.

4. How do I avoid being a clothes snob when wearing traditional clothes?

To avoid being a clothes snob when wearing traditional clothes, it is important to educate yourself about the cultural or historical significance of the clothing item and to wear it respectfully. Avoid making derogatory comments or belittling the clothing of others.

5. Can I wear traditional clothes if I am not part of the culture or group?

It is generally accepted to wear traditional clothes from other cultures as long as it is done respectfully and with understanding of its significance. However, it is important to be mindful of any potential cultural appropriation and to avoid disrespecting the culture or its people.