Saving Money with the Stomp Method of Washing Clothes

In summary, you think washing clothes in your bathtub instead of your machine can save water. You also think socks only disappear in the washing machine, and that food is expensive.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Thinking of ways to save money i thought i would do my clothes washing
on my bath night, so i have a bath, then use the same water with washing
powder added, then use the stomp method, like grape squashing, to get my togs clean, aftere about 10 minutes stomping, i give them a another good stomping in cool fresh water, my 501 jeans all ways come up lovely and clean, i do not iron them i hang them up wet and pull all the creases out with
the buttons done up, but tee shirts pants and any thing black are all ways
covered in white bits, where the heck do they come from, cause i all ways
wash my white woolie bed socks seperately?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's the sock that got away. You think socks only disappear in the washing machine? You probably have a white sock hiding in one of your t-shirts.

Is the powder you use white?

wolram said:
but tee shirts pants and any thing black are all ways
covered in white bits, where the heck do they come from, cause i all ways
wash my white woolie bed socks seperately?

Do you wash your cat in the same water before you wash your darks?:biggrin:

Dude, that's nasty. Do you save water by flushing every 3rd time? Your a pig.

do you have white fluffy things growing on your feet? try wearing ziploc baggies on your feet next time you stomp

Maybe instead of washing your clothes in your bath water, try using the detergent that works in cold water so you can save hot water usage.

If you don't have a washing machine, wash your clothes in a bath tub and stir it with a broom handle.

If you really want to get extreme, you can save money by getting a rice cooker and basically living on rice, beans, and multivitamins. Rice is the cheapest food on the planet, beans are your protein and the multivitamin is to make up for your lack of vegetables; you don't want to get scurvy do you?
You'll be amazed how much money you can save by living like a peasant. Food is so expensive...

Try turning the clothing inside out befor you wash them, and disolve the wash power in boiling hot water befor you add it to the tub. Also our bodies trap a fair amount of lint from wearing cloths, which of course ends up in the tub.

And you should strive for more of a twist, then a grape stomp.

1. What is the Stomp Method of Washing Clothes?

The Stomp Method of Washing Clothes is a technique that involves using your feet to agitate and clean clothing items in a bucket or tub of water. It is a cost-effective and environmentally-friendly way to wash clothes without the use of electricity or a washing machine.

2. How does the Stomp Method save money?

The Stomp Method can save money in several ways. First, it eliminates the need for a washing machine, which can be expensive to purchase and operate. Second, it uses less water and detergent compared to traditional washing methods, reducing the cost of these resources. Additionally, the Stomp Method does not require electricity, resulting in lower utility bills.

3. Is the Stomp Method of Washing Clothes effective?

Yes, the Stomp Method is an effective way to clean clothes. By using your feet to agitate the water, the clothes are thoroughly cleaned without the need for a machine. However, heavily soiled or stained items may require pre-treatment or additional scrubbing.

4. Can the Stomp Method be used for all types of clothing?

The Stomp Method is best suited for durable and non-delicate clothing items, such as jeans, t-shirts, and towels. Delicate fabrics, like silk or lace, may be damaged by the vigorous agitation of the feet. It is important to read the care label on clothing items before using the Stomp Method.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using the Stomp Method?

While the Stomp Method can save money, it may not be suitable for everyone. Some people may find it physically challenging or uncomfortable to stomp on clothes for an extended period. Additionally, it may not be suitable for those with mobility issues or certain health conditions. It is important to consider these factors before using the Stomp Method as a regular laundry method.