Finding closed loop gain and Ip and In current in op amp

In summary, the conversation discusses finding closed loop gain and current in an op amp using the voltage divider method. It also mentions attempting to find the current through R1 and the potential at the junction of R1 and R2. Further help is requested.
whatphysics

Homework Statement

Finding closed loop gain and Ip and In current in op amp

Homework Equations

-

The Attempt at a Solution

I started by trying getting voltage divider for points between R1 and R2 as (R2/(R2+R1))Vs and between R4 and R5 similarly. And I'm not sure how to continue on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Full questions uploaded

Attachments

• IMG_7474.JPG
    IMG_7474.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_7475.JPG
    IMG_7475.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 429
Physics news on Phys.org
whatphysics said:
I started by trying getting voltage divider for points between R1 and R2 as (R2/(R2+R1))Vs and between R4 and R5 similarly. And I'm not sure how to continue on.
Assuming the simplifying properties of an ideal op-amp, what can you say about the current through R1? What then must be the potential at the junction of R1 and R2?

What is an op amp?

An op amp, or operational amplifier, is an electronic device that amplifies the difference between two input voltages. It typically has a very high gain and can be used in a variety of circuits to perform mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, and integration.

How do you find the closed loop gain of an op amp?

The closed loop gain of an op amp can be found by dividing the feedback resistance by the input resistance. This ratio is also known as the feedback factor and is denoted by the symbol β. The closed loop gain can then be calculated by multiplying the open loop gain of the op amp by β.

What is the purpose of finding the closed loop gain?

The closed loop gain is important because it determines the overall gain of the op amp circuit. It also helps to stabilize the output voltage of the op amp by providing negative feedback, reducing the effects of any variations in the open loop gain or input voltage.

How do you calculate the input current in an op amp?

The input current in an op amp can be calculated by dividing the input voltage by the input resistance. This is known as Ohm's Law and is represented by the equation I = V/R. The input resistance is typically very high, so the input current is usually very small.

What is the difference between Ip and In current in an op amp?

Ip and In current refer to the positive and negative input currents in an op amp, respectively. These currents flow into the inputs of the op amp and are used to amplify the input voltage. In an ideal op amp, these currents are equal and opposite, resulting in a net input current of zero.