Finding the Right Amateur Movie-Making Software for My Project

In summary, the speaker recently used Windows Movie Maker for a class project but found it to be very basic and lacking in certain features such as multiple audio tracks and animation capabilities. They are seeking recommendations for an amateur movie-making software that can handle these functions and have a more user-friendly interface, with Ulead Video Studio and Vegas Video by ACID being suggested as potential options. They also mention not needing a DVD maker at the moment and highlight the benefits of Vegas Video's control over audio and video positioning and its various effects and plugins.
recon
I recently used Windows Movie Maker in editing an 8-minute long movie I made for my class project on Mount Everest. Most of you may know that Windows Movie Maker is very basic and performs only the most rudimentary functions.

I am new to the world of amateur movie making, so could anyone please recommend an amateur movie-making software? I am looking for one that is able to have multiple audio/music running at the same time, something I was not able to do in WMM and caused me to record narration with music playing from my speakers. The result was, needless to say, not great. I am also interested in animation. If there is a software that allows for both animation and normal movie editing, that would be great.

I do not have a DVD-writer at the moment, so a DVD maker is not something that I am looking for even though I know that there are LOTS of those.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I highly reccomend you Vegas Video by ACID...Vegas Video is a high level video editing software but it also works well for beginners...I have been editing movies with Vegas Video for quite a long time now...the reason why i like it iz because it gives you a very good control over your audio and video positioning. Has a lot of audio and video effects/plugins,etc I think it has a friendlier environment then the adobe premiere...

1. What are the key features to look for in amateur movie-making software?

Some key features to consider when choosing amateur movie-making software include ease of use, a wide variety of editing tools, compatibility with different file formats, special effects options, and the ability to add audio and music.

2. Is it necessary to spend a lot of money on movie-making software?

No, there are many affordable or even free options available that offer a range of features and tools for creating amateur movies. It's important to do research and read reviews to find the best fit for your project and budget.

3. Can I use amateur movie-making software on my computer or do I need special equipment?

Most amateur movie-making software can be used on a regular computer or laptop. However, some advanced features may require a more powerful computer or additional equipment such as a microphone or camera.

4. How do I know which software is best for my specific project?

Consider the type of project you are working on, your level of experience, and the features you need. It can be helpful to try out a few different options or watch tutorials to see which software feels most intuitive and has the tools you need.

5. Can I edit and share my movie directly from the software?

Many movie-making software options allow you to edit and export your movie directly from the program. Some even have the option to share your movie to social media or video hosting platforms directly from the software.