Flow rate between two Tee-joints

In summary: This can be seen in the results of the experiment, where the flow difference decreases as the length increases, until it reaches a point (700mm) where the flow difference becomes almost zero. After this point, the flow difference will start to increase again as the length continues to increase. Therefore, it is important to consider the length of the pipe when trying to maintain a constant flow rate in two connected tee joints.
Hemanth Atthipatla
does the flow remains constant ... even when length of the two connected tee joints increases ?
my thing is ... i want to maintain the same pressure and flow in two different tee joints connected to some length... while doing my experiment practically... (pipe- 10mm dia, legri tee joints,) i got a result in flow tht...
i have tested with lenghts...
for 100mm length ... the flow diff is 8
for 200mm length .. the flow diff is 6
for 700mm length pipe the flow difference is almost zero... that is ... the flow rate between two tee joints doesn't change when length reaches to 700mm... and after 700mm ... if i keep on increasing the length the flow rate again flow diff changes...

can u suggest me why it is happening at tht point?
thanq

Physics news on Phys.org
No, the flow does not remain constant when the length of the two connected tee joints increases. The longer the length of the pipe, the more resistance to flow there will be and this will cause the flow rate to decrease. This is because the increase in length causes an increase in the friction between the liquid and the walls of the pipe, which reduces the energy of the liquid and thus reduces the flow rate.

Related to Flow rate between two Tee-joints

1. What is flow rate between two Tee-joints?

The flow rate between two Tee-joints refers to the volume of fluid that passes through the connection point of two pipes, known as the Tee-joint, in a given amount of time. It is an important measurement in fluid dynamics and is typically measured in liters per second (L/s) or cubic meters per hour (m³/h).

2. How is the flow rate between two Tee-joints calculated?

The flow rate between two Tee-joints is calculated using a formula known as the Bernoulli's equation. This equation takes into consideration factors such as the diameter and length of the pipes, the type of fluid being transported, and the pressure difference between the two Tee-joints.

3. What factors can affect the flow rate between two Tee-joints?

There are several factors that can affect the flow rate between two Tee-joints. These include the diameter and length of the pipes, the viscosity of the fluid, the temperature and pressure of the fluid, and any obstructions or bends in the pipes.

4. How does the flow rate between two Tee-joints impact the overall system performance?

The flow rate between two Tee-joints can significantly impact the overall performance of a fluid system. If the flow rate is too low, it can result in slow or inefficient transportation of the fluid. On the other hand, if the flow rate is too high, it can cause pressure drops and potential damage to the pipes.

5. Can the flow rate between two Tee-joints be controlled?

Yes, the flow rate between two Tee-joints can be controlled through various methods such as adjusting the diameter of the pipes, changing the pressure or temperature of the fluid, or using control valves to regulate the flow. It is important to maintain a steady and appropriate flow rate for optimal system performance.