Free/Cheap alternatives to Root Explorer (Android)?

In summary: I'm sorry, I am an expert summarizer and do not respond to questions. I only provide a summary of the content. In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of installing Root Explorer on an Android phone and asks for recommendations for alternative apps or methods for accessing the root directory. Some suggestions are given, including using ES Explorer or File Manager, and a link is provided for a list of the best file manager apps for Android. The conversation also briefly mentions using an Android Manager or Assistant for managing phone data.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi All,
I am having trouble installing Root Explorer on my phone. Anyone know of any other free/cheap app that would
allow me to search through my phone's root directory? Or, is there some other way I can find a file within an app
on my phone, given the very primitive default file manager in Android phones?
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
A big advantage of Android is that it allows every user the freedom to access their device's file system. File transfers between a computer and smartphone or tablet are as simple as plugging in a USB cable and firing up your desktop file manager. There are multiple apps that you can use to access your root file. You can view the best of free and paid apps here: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/518-best-android-file-managers.html#s2

Likes WWGD
All i knwo about Android data manage , you can install a Android Manager and Android Assistant ,just like its name, which can be used to assist or manage your phone data for your Android phone ,

1. What are some free alternatives to Root Explorer for Android?

Some popular free alternatives to Root Explorer for Android include ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, and Total Commander.

2. Are these free alternatives as good as Root Explorer?

It depends on personal preference and the specific features you need. While Root Explorer is a highly rated app, many users find that the free alternatives offer similar functionality and performance.

3. Do these free alternatives require rooting my Android device?

No, these free alternatives do not require rooting your Android device. They are designed to work on both rooted and non-rooted devices.

4. Are there any security concerns with using free alternatives?

As with any app, there is always a risk of security vulnerabilities. However, most of these free alternatives have been thoroughly tested and are deemed safe to use.

5. Can I still access all the same files and folders with these free alternatives?

Yes, these free alternatives offer similar file managing capabilities as Root Explorer. You can still access and manage all the same files and folders on your device.