Frequency of sound detected by microphone

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the wavelength and frequency of sound and determining where the peaks of intensity are located. The wavelength is found to be 0.3m and the frequency is calculated as 10hz, but the correct answer is 20hz. The speaker suggests drawing a diagram to better understand the relationship between the two speakers and the sound intensity.
desmond iking

first, i find the wavelength of sound = 330/1100= 0.3m

then, I find the frequency of rise and fall of intensuty of sound = 3/0.3 = 10hz..
but the ans is 20hz. which part is wrong?

Attachments

• DSC04196.jpg
    DSC04196.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 392
Physics news on Phys.org
How does the intensity of the sound vary along the line between X and Y? Where are the peaks?

desmond iking said:
first, i find the wavelength of sound = 330/1100= 0.3m

then, I find the frequency of rise and fall of intensuty of sound = 3/0.3 = 10hz..
but the ans is 20hz. which part is wrong?
I reckon the part that's wrong might be right near the start, when you told yourself that this is too straight-forward to bother sketching any diagram. :wink:

How about drawing the two speakers and what you're expecting to find between them?

Related to Frequency of sound detected by microphone

What is the frequency of sound detected by a microphone?

The frequency of sound detected by a microphone refers to the number of sound waves per second that the microphone is able to capture. It is typically measured in Hertz (Hz).

How does a microphone detect frequency of sound?

A microphone detects frequency of sound by converting sound waves into electrical signals. The diaphragm of the microphone vibrates in response to the sound waves, and this vibration is then converted into an electrical signal that can be measured and analyzed.

What is the range of frequencies that a microphone can detect?

The range of frequencies that a microphone can detect depends on the type of microphone. Generally, most microphones have a range of 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz, which covers the entire audible spectrum for humans.

How can the frequency response of a microphone be measured?

The frequency response of a microphone can be measured by using specialized equipment such as an audio analyzer or a frequency response chart. The microphone is tested with various sound sources at different frequencies, and the resulting output is compared to the original sound to determine the accuracy of the frequency response.

Can the frequency response of a microphone be adjusted?

Yes, the frequency response of a microphone can be adjusted through the use of equalization (EQ) settings or filters. This can help to enhance or reduce certain frequencies, depending on the desired sound quality. However, the overall range of frequencies that a microphone can detect cannot be changed.