Funding a correlation for F(x,y,z)=v

In summary, the speaker is seeking help finding a correlation between three parameters in a process and has attempted to use 3d interpolation with Matlab but encountered difficulties. They are advised to consider regression analysis, using alternative software, or conducting a sensitivity analysis to achieve their goal.
danny8007
Hello guys,

I am investing the effect of three parameters on a process and I need to come up with a correlation connecting these three correlations together.
I have the experimental results for f(x,0,0), f(x,y,0) and f(x,y,z). I tried to do 3d interpolation with Matlab but since the change is x,y,z is stepwise, it could not be done with Matlab.

Can someone please help me to find a function or any correlation between x,y,x?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello there,

It sounds like you are working on an interesting project. I would suggest looking into regression analysis as a potential method for finding a correlation between your three parameters. This technique allows you to analyze the relationship between multiple variables and determine the strength of their association. There are several different types of regression analysis, such as linear, polynomial, and logistic, so you may need to experiment with different models to find the best fit for your data.

Additionally, have you considered using other software besides Matlab for your interpolation? There are many other programs, such as R or Python, that have robust interpolation capabilities and may be more suitable for your specific needs.

Another approach you could take is to conduct a sensitivity analysis, which involves systematically varying one parameter at a time while keeping the others constant. This can help you identify the individual effects of each parameter and potentially reveal any interactions between them.

I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck with your research!

1. How do I obtain funding for my correlation study?

To obtain funding for a correlation study, you can apply for grants from government agencies, private foundations, or academic institutions. You can also seek funding from industry partners or crowdfunding platforms. It is important to have a well-written research proposal that clearly outlines the objectives, methods, and potential impact of your study.

2. What factors should I consider when determining the amount of funding needed for my correlation study?

The amount of funding needed for a correlation study will depend on various factors such as the scope of the study, the number of participants, the cost of materials and equipment, and any associated travel or publication fees. It is important to carefully consider and budget for all of these factors in order to determine an accurate amount of funding needed.

3. What are some potential sources of funding for correlation studies?

Potential sources of funding for correlation studies include government agencies, private foundations, academic institutions, industry partners, and crowdfunding platforms. You can also reach out to individual donors or seek out collaborations with other researchers or institutions who may have access to funding.

4. How can I increase my chances of securing funding for my correlation study?

To increase your chances of securing funding for your correlation study, you should have a well-written and compelling research proposal, a clear and well-defined research question, a strong and experienced research team, and a detailed budget plan. It is also important to demonstrate the potential impact and importance of your study in your proposal.

5. What should I do if I am unable to secure funding for my correlation study?

If you are unable to secure funding for your correlation study, you can consider alternative funding sources such as personal funds, collaborations with other researchers, or seeking out lower cost research methods. You can also re-evaluate and refine your research proposal to make it more appealing to potential funders.