Furnace Temperature Adjustment

• Thread starter kamran_chemist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Temperature
kamran_chemist
How to incorporate deviation -9.2C in furnace, while its measured temperature is 909.2C and Display temperature is 900. if there is no option of offset in controller. What will be the set temperature to achieve 900C.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Can you post datasheets for the oven and controller? Do you have the Owners Manual and Service Manual for both? If so, there is probably some calibration procedure listed.

Also, what other temperature measuring device are you using to sense the "measured temperature"? Are you sure it is accurate?

Likes DeBangis21 and Lord Jestocost
Dear berkeman,

Find attachment for reference.
CALIBRATION.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
kamran_chemist said:
How to incorporate deviation -9.2C in furnace, while its measured temperature is 909.2C and Display temperature is 900. if there is no option of offset in controller. What will be the set temperature to achieve 900C.
This seems too simple, I must not understand something.

You have a thermometer you trust. You can't calibrate your controller. So, why don't you be the controller. Do some experiments and make a lookup table. Ask for the temperature that corresponds with the behavior you want.

PS: If you choose to have a lottery, I've got dibs on 890.8C.

• Haha
Likes Tom.G and russ_watters

1. What is the ideal temperature setting for a home furnace?

The ideal temperature setting for a home furnace typically ranges between 68 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit when you are at home and awake. Lowering the temperature 7-10 degrees Fahrenheit during the night or when you're away can help save energy and reduce heating costs.

2. How can I adjust the temperature on my furnace?

To adjust the temperature on your furnace, locate your thermostat and use its interface to set your desired temperature. Most modern thermostats have digital panels with up and down buttons or touch screens for temperature adjustment. Make sure your thermostat is set to "heat" mode when adjusting for colder weather.

3. Why does my furnace not maintain the set temperature?

If your furnace is not maintaining the set temperature, it could be due to several reasons such as a dirty air filter, improper thermostat settings, or issues with the furnace itself like a faulty ignition system. Check and replace the air filter if necessary, ensure the thermostat is programmed correctly, and consider calling a professional if the problem persists.

4. How often should I adjust my furnace temperature?

The frequency of adjusting your furnace temperature depends on your personal comfort and schedule. Utilizing a programmable thermostat can automate temperature changes to align with your daily routine, such as lowering the temperature during work hours and increasing it before you return home. Adjustments might also be needed with changes in outdoor weather conditions.

5. Can adjusting my furnace temperature save on heating costs?

Yes, adjusting your furnace temperature can significantly save on heating costs. Lowering the thermostat by 7-10 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 hours a day, typically while sleeping or when nobody is home, can reduce your heating bill by about 10%. Using a programmable thermostat can help manage these adjustments more efficiently.