What Kind of Gas Could Be Leaking in My Bedroom?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Frenemy90210
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gas Leakage
These are great to have in your home - they are inexpensive and can save your life.In summary, a few months ago there was a gas leakage in the bedroom that was almost odourless. The effects included feeling very sleepy, sometimes feeling like breathing in fresh oxygen-rich air, bad scary dreams, ulcers in the mouth, body aches and drowsiness in the morning, and possibly amplifying existing pain. It is advised to consult a doctor for any medical concerns and to consider purchasing a CO detector for safety.
Frenemy90210
A few months ago there used to be some kind of gas leakage in the bedroom. Gas was almost odourless. I could detect the presence of gas only by aftereffects. They were :

1: I used to feel very sleepy. ( as if it was some anasthetic gas or chloroform)
2. Sometimes it used to feel like a breath of fresh oxygen-rich air while breathing.
3. It used to give bad scary dreams most of the times (some times erotic dreams)
4. Most of the time it gave me ulcer in the mouth (inside of the right cheek.) Cheeks inside used to swell up a little bit.
5. Many times it used to give me body aches in the morning after waking up. Feeling very drowsy after waking up. (was very difficult to get out of bed.)
5. I suspect it used to amplify any already existing pain.

Are there any guesses as to which gas that could be ? and what could be antidote ? Thanks.

Biology news on Phys.org
Thread locked for moderation.

Frenemy90210 said:
A few months ago there used to be some kind of gas leakage in the bedroom. Gas was almost odourless. I could detect the presence of gas only by aftereffects. They were :

1: I used to feel very sleepy. ( as if it was some anasthetic gas or chloroform)
2. Sometimes it used to feel like a breath of fresh oxygen-rich air while breathing.
3. It used to give bad scary dreams most of the times (some times erotic dreams)
4. Most of the time it gave me ulcer in the mouth (inside of the right cheek.) Cheeks inside used to swell up a little bit.
5. Many times it used to give me body aches in the morning after waking up. Feeling very drowsy after waking up. (was very difficult to get out of bed.)
5. I suspect it used to amplify any already existing pain.

Are there any guesses as to which gas that could be ? and what could be antidote ? Thanks.
Sounds like it could be related to CO poisoning, but that would be a speculative guess, and we are not able to offer medical advice or diagnoses here. Please talk to your doctor about this. Also, depending on where you live, your local firefighters may have test kits to sample your home's air to figure out if CO or other problem gasses exist. Maybe give them a call (on their non-emergency phone number) to ask if they have that capability. I know my local firefighters do have that capability.

Thread will remain closed.

Also, you can buy a CO detector at any hardware store.

Likes BillTre and berkeman

What are the signs of gas leakage in the bedroom?

The most common signs of gas leakage in the bedroom include a strong odor of rotten eggs, hissing or whistling sounds near gas appliances, dead plants or vegetation near gas lines, and physical symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, and headaches.

What should I do if I suspect a gas leak in my bedroom?

If you suspect a gas leak in your bedroom, the first step is to evacuate the area immediately and call your gas company or emergency services. Do not turn on or off any electrical switches, light matches, or use any other potential sources of ignition. Wait for professionals to assess the situation and take necessary actions.

What causes gas leaks in the bedroom?

Gas leaks in the bedroom can be caused by a variety of factors, including faulty gas appliances, old or damaged gas pipes, poor installation, and natural disasters such as earthquakes. Regular maintenance and inspections of gas appliances can help prevent gas leaks.

How dangerous is a gas leak in the bedroom?

Gas leaks in the bedroom can be extremely dangerous as they can lead to explosions, fires, and carbon monoxide poisoning. If left undetected and untreated, gas leaks can be fatal. It is important to take immediate action if you suspect a gas leak in your bedroom.

How can I prevent gas leaks in my bedroom?

To prevent gas leaks in your bedroom, it is crucial to regularly maintain and inspect gas appliances, including heaters, stoves, and water heaters. Make sure to hire a licensed professional for installation and repairs. In case of natural disasters, shut off the gas supply to your home and have it checked by professionals before turning it back on.