General How stuff works video capsules, blog or podcast?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for recommendations on learning about various topics such as electronics, cars, and industrial processes. They mention using resources like YouTube and television channels for learning. A specific YouTube channel, EngineeringExplained, is also recommended for learning about cars.
tamtam402
General "How stuff works" video capsules, blog or podcast?

Hey, I'd really like to spend a few minutes (15-30 minutes per day) learning about how random stuff works. Anything from electronics to cars to specific pieces of technologies, to industrial processes, etc.

I'm posting in this section because I don't have access to the Learning Material one.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

tamtam402 said:
Hey, I'd really like to spend a few minutes (15-30 minutes per day) learning about how random stuff works. Anything from electronics to cars to specific pieces of technologies, to industrial processes, etc.

I'm posting in this section because I don't have access to the Learning Material one.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

I don't guarantee that you'll learn new things everyday but there are lots of cool resources on the net like youtube (subscribe to someone who has the same interests and post these kinds of videos..). Also, there are plenty of television channels dedicated to that such as "Discovery channel" etc... Lots of interesting documentaries there.

There is a channel on YouTube called EngineeringExplained. (http://m.youtube.com/user/EngineeringExplained)

Despite the name he only talks about cars. Start at the beginning of his playlist and see if you like what you're hearing.

1. How do you choose the topics for your video capsules, blog, or podcast?

We choose topics based on current events, popular trends, and requests from our audience. We also work with experts in various fields to ensure accurate and informative content.

2. How do you ensure the accuracy of the information presented in your video capsules, blog, or podcast?

We thoroughly research and fact-check all information before presenting it in our content. We also consult with experts and cite credible sources to ensure the accuracy of our information.

3. Can I suggest a topic for a future video capsule, blog, or podcast?

Yes, we welcome topic suggestions from our audience. You can send us your ideas through our website or social media channels.

4. Are the information and concepts presented in your content suitable for all ages?

We make sure that our content is appropriate for a general audience and is presented in a way that is easy to understand. However, some topics may be more complex and may require a basic understanding of certain scientific concepts.

5. Can I use your video capsules, blog, or podcast for educational purposes?

Yes, you are welcome to use our content for educational purposes. We only ask that you properly cite and credit our work.