Get Expert Help with Quantum Physics Concepts for Your Fiction Book

In summary, the author is seeking help with concepts of quantum physics, and is looking for someone who is knowledgeable in quantum mechanics. The author is also interested in discussing the plot and concepts of the book privately.
DrAnonymous
Hi, I'm writing a book of fiction and I need some help with concepts of quantum physics. Does anybody feel like helping me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I have no formal physics training, but I have a fairly good grasp of the concepts of uncertainty, entanglement and atomic structure. I'm not trying to write anything detailed, but the storyline will require some degree of plausibility and I want to be sure I don't run off the rails.

DrAnonymous said:
Well, I have no formal physics training, but I have a fairly good grasp of the concepts of uncertainty, entanglement and atomic structure. I'm not trying to write anything detailed, but the storyline will require some degree of plausibility and I want to be sure I don't run off the rails.

Fair enough. Do you understand most of the info at the wiki link that I posted? What sort of plot do you have so far for the book? What parts of QM do you want to include?

Would you be comfortable discussing issues such as plot privately?

DrAnonymous said:
Would you be comfortable discussing issues such as plot privately?

I'm an EE, not a physicist, so I'm a poor choice for helping you with QM details. I mostly wanted to clarify what you were looking for. Hopefully you will get some other responses here soon. If not, I can move the thread to General Physics or General Discussion. Let's give it a day or two to see what responses you get.

Thanks a million. I'm new here, and wasn't sure if this was the place to start.

Why don't you provide a few more details as to the desired size (number of pages) and scope of your work.

And can you also explain how much the plot depends on Quantum Mechanical concepts?

DrAnonymous said:
Hi, I'm writing a book of fiction and I need some help with concepts of quantum physics. Does anybody feel like helping me?

The best way to do this is to ask questions that are specific to an issue in your planned book, and see what people can figure out by knocking ideas around. We're all aware this relates to a work of fiction, so it can even be a little fun. :smile:

I'm interested in discussing some aspects of quantum mechanics (and general physics) surrounding the Big Bang. Also, I'd like to talk about some aspects of the concept of quantum entanglement, and the nature of time.

I should mention that I'm particularly interested in talking about the book privately, with someone interested enough to tolerate my layman's understanding of sophisticated physics. Of course, I will credit that person appropriately.

Well, here's a short introduction to entropy and the nature of time, . By the way this movie is awesome and watching it might help with understanding the ideas of quantum physics.

Good Luck with the book

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Get Expert Help with Quantum Physics Concepts for Your Fiction Book

1. What is the plot of the book?

The plot of the book is the main storyline that follows the characters and their journey throughout the book. It usually includes the conflict, climax, and resolution of the story.

2. Who are the main characters in the book?

The main characters in the book are the individuals who drive the story forward and have the most impact on the plot. They are usually the protagonist, antagonist, and any other significant characters.

3. What is the genre of the book?

The genre of the book is the category or style of writing that the book falls under. Some common genres include fiction, non-fiction, romance, mystery, and science fiction.

4. Can you provide a brief summary of the book?

A brief summary of the book is a condensed version of the plot that gives an overview of the main events and key points in the story. It should not give away any major spoilers.

5. Is this book part of a series?

This book is a standalone novel and is not part of a series. However, the author may have other books that are related to this one or have similar themes.