Gift ideas for sword-waving, drinking, leather-bound biker chick

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary: BMW, one million cc.In summary, my friend has a lot of hobbies, including collecting replica swords, sai(s), axes, maces, and bullwhips. She also likes drinking, and is a rider on a BMW one million cc motorcycle. She is tall and has a 100th percentile height.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I have a friend (female) who collects and displays replica swords, sai(s), axes, maces and the occasional bullwhip.

I'm looking for a small gift (<$100) that might complement her hobbies.

She also likes drinking. Collects unique liquors and bottles.

She's also a rider. BMW, one million cc. Wears red leather (which, yes, does pair well with the bullwhip).

I would never presume to get a gift that requires a knowledgeable eye (nothing worse than someone buying you some noob crap you now have to display with your prides and joys). (Though a unique liquor would be fine since it's consumable).I was thinking more like an accessory - a care kit or whetstone or awesome liquor bottle or red bandana or something - but I'm open to all ideas.Suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Almost forgot to mention: she is in the 100th percentile in terms of (female) height.
That might limit some ideas - but then again it might open up whole new ideas...

DaveC426913 said:
Suggestions?
Definitely a gift card to get a small-medium sized dragon tattoo [if she doesn't already have one].

• Haha
Likes Astronuc and BillTre
DaveC426913 said:
BMW, one million cc.
Didn't know they made AIRPLANES!

• Haha
Likes DaveC426913
DaveC426913 said:
I have a friend (female) who collects and displays replica swords, sai(s), axes, maces and the occasional bullwhip.

I'm looking for a small gift (<$100) that might complement her hobbies.

She also likes drinking. Collects unique liquors and bottles.

She's also a rider. BMW, one million cc. Wears red leather (which, yes, does pair well with the bullwhip).

I would never presume to get a gift that requires a knowledgeable eye (nothing worse than someone buying you some noob crap you now have to display with your prides and joys). (Though a unique liquor would be fine since it's consumable).I was thinking more like an accessory - a care kit or whetstone or awesome liquor bottle or red bandana or something - but I'm open to all ideas.Suggestions?
I'd guess she already has any care kits or bandanas she really wants. And the last thing anyone really needs nowadays is a sharper medieval weapon.

A unique liquor bottle might be good.

In my motorcyclist days I really appreciated things that kept me warm, but that stuff is usually expensive. I recently have seen some things insulated with Aerogel, like these gloves
https://www.alpinestars.com/products/denali-aerogel-drystar-r-gloves. There is a cool factor in giving something using Aerogel because you can explain the science, and how NASA uses it.

If it's cold where she lives, then some cold weather stuff might be good in general. Like this

1635932914999.png

https://www.etsy.com/listing/874329...warmers&ref=sr_gallery-2-31&pro=1&frs=1&col=1

If she doesn't already have a lithium battery pack/charger/jump starter, then one of those would be good.
https://bikerrated.com/gear/electronics/best-portable-motorcycle-jump-starters/

• Informative
Likes DaveC426913 and BillTre
If you go with Winter-weight leather gloves, find some with Cotton insulation!
The Thin-sulate (by 3M) collapses and doesn't insulate, likely the same problem with the Aerogel.

strangerep said:
Definitely a gift card to get a small-medium sized dragon tattoo [if she doesn't already have one].
Better yet do they have dragons at your local Petsmart?

• Haha
Likes Tom.G
Yes but... they won't fit in your typical house; which also means that a leash to lead them home would be... ineffective. :wink::wink:

Tom.G said:
Yes but... they won't fit in your typical house;
Yeah but the invisible fire-breathing kind fit in your garage pretty well... :oldbiggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
She's also a rider. BMW, one million cc.
I don't think BMW has a model with that big an engine... In fact, 1800 cc is the largest engine they make.

Well there's dragonfish:

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 3.32.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 3.35.04 PM.png

DaveC426913 said:
Almost forgot to mention: she is in the 100th percentile in terms of (female) height.
Taller than Gwendoline Christie [Brienne of Tarth] ?

hutchphd said:
Better yet do they have dragons at your local Petsmart?
Ha! I do have (water) dragons outside my door. See previous post. :oldsmile:

Likes hutchphd
I have the occasional opossum...
So yours are (water) dragons as opposed to (fire) dragons? Probabaly better.!

hutchphd said:
I have the occasional opossum...
So yours are (water) dragons as opposed to (fire) dragons? Probably better.!
Alas, I also have an ancient fire dragon(ess) who lives in the apartment 2 doors up from me. I've had to do battle with her on a couple of occasions when she objected to me watering the common property lawn(!). I guess fire dragons don't like water, and she doesn't mind a brown tinder-dry fire hazard at her back door in summer. o0)

The battles were made even more difficult in that she is part-gorgon. If I chance to glimpse her face I feel my heart turning to stone immediately. :oldruck:

• Wow
  • Haha
Likes Keith_McClary, hutchphd, sysprog and 1 other person
Perhaps a labrys pendant (awarerness proviso -- some women wear/display this as an amazon/lesbian symbol) this example ($49 .sterling silver) is from https://www.ebay.com/itm/320973732650

1635989482309.png

strangerep said:
Taller than Gwendoline Christie [Brienne of Tarth] ?
By a hand.

Yes, she can be measured in integer metres.

Last edited:
sysprog said:
Perhaps a labrys pendant (awarerness proviso -- some women wear/display this as an amazon/lesbian symbol) this example ($49 .sterling silver) is from https://www.ebay.com/itm/320973732650

View attachment 291711
Very interesting - very apropos.

I'm not sure it would be appropriate for me to give a girl jewelry. Maybe if it came from me and my wife...

Likes sysprog
Mark44 said:
I don't think BMW has a model with that big an engine... In fact, 1800 cc is the largest engine they make.
Twelve-fifty ... a million ... what's a CC or two between friends.

I'd say she needs an iguana, but you shouldn't ever give pets as a gift.

DaveE said:
I'd say she needs an iguana, but you shouldn't ever give pets as a gift.
1636032459505.png

Can you draw? Does she like tattoos? If so, sketch out a simple sword and take her out for a small tattoo, then have dinner with your wife and her. She would probably love the experience.

A quick search of liquors turned this up and this horse soldier whiskey looks cool. This alarm for motorcycles has a built-in GPS. Lot's of other options. Take her ax-throwing. Tickets to an event she might enjoy. Sword-swallowing classes. Distillery tours with sampling options would also make for a good time in a group. Books on swords or motorcycles if she likes to read- you could find some rare books on those topics. I would not buy her more swords, accessories, gear, etc. as that is something she would probably prefer to do herself.

Couldn't get a price, but she might like this dominatrix program or something along those lines. Gifting experiences are great for close friends. Weird, I have a flaming sword tattoo, a couple of swords, and love my BMW. I used to love drinking too but rarely do that anymore. Oh, a unique shelf to hold her bottles or swords might be nice, if she needs it. You could probably have some simple silver sword earring studs made for her. Go hunting and have some leather made. :oldlaugh: Sword-fighting classes? Sword-fighting show. Tickets to a museum with a good sword collection. Buy her one of those sexy biker girl photoshoots. Possibilities are endless.

• Wow
  • Informative
Likes Tom.G, BillTre and berkeman
Fervent Freyja said:
Can you draw? Does she like tattoos? If so, sketch out a simple sword and take her out for a small tattoo, then have dinner with your wife and her. She would probably love the experience.
In fact, yes, I can draw. What I don't know is if tattoos are one of the things she allows in the temple that is her body.

Those are all great ideas! I've got slightly less than 24 hours to act on them...

DaveC426913 said:
I've got slightly less than 24 hours to act on them...
Quick tip from another married man -- if you wife ever reads PF, you should change that to "We've got slightly less.." :wink:

• Wow
Likes Jodo, Tom.G and DaveC426913
DaveC426913 said:
Those are all great ideas! I've got slightly less than 24 hours to act on them...
Oh, snap! Best bet is the liquor store with so little time left!

You can try out Groupon for last minute gifts. They have loads of experiences at a discount. You could buy one of those and put a print-out for them to redeem in a B-day card.

berkeman said:
Quick tip from another married man -- if you wife ever reads PF, you should change that to "We've got slightly less.." :wink:
She might be into that?

Likes DaveC426913
DaveC426913 said:
I've got slightly less than 24 hours to act on them...
So how did it go?

gmax137 said:
So how did it go?
I hope we end up hearing from him again.

• Skeptical
Likes DaveC426913
Jarvis323 said:
I hope we end up hearing from him again.
I was thinking the same thing. Wondering which one of the two females did him in... :wink:

gmax137 said:
So how did it go?
The gift wasn't as interesting as the wrapping the gift came in.

(Which was the plan. The latex gloves were the pièce de résistance)

• Haha
Likes gmax137 and Tom.G
Dave, you're still alive! Yay!

Er, wait, what's the password that we agreed on a couple years ago? I need to be sure it's really you now posting with your account. PM me the password please...

berkeman said:
Dave, you're still alive! Yay!
I posted to the time travel thread, like, 12 hours ago! :oldgrumpy:

berkeman said:
Er, wait, what's the password that we agreed on a couple years ago? I need to be sure it's really you now posting with your account. PM me the password please...
Fine. It's [password hidden by berkeman]. (Bonus points for reference.)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Likes berkeman
DaveC426913 said:
Fine. It's [password hidden by berkeman]. (Bonus points for reference.)
Okay, you can be Gus. [quiz question -- what movie is that line from?] :smile:

berkeman said:
[quiz question -- what movie is that line from?] :smile:
Are you asking me? because I know. Do you?

• Love
Likes berkeman
DaveC426913 said:
In fact, yes, I can draw. What I don't know is if tattoos are one of the things she allows in the temple that is her body.

She needs to calm down. A tattoo of the Hindu spiritual symbol, om, like this on my friend from Burma is in order.
IMG20211122093347.jpg

Likes BillTre
Back