Good books for learning AC current?

In summary, the conversation revolves around a 2nd year Physics student who wants to learn about electricity from its absolute basics. They are seeking recommendations for books that cover the theory of electricity in detail and also include the required mathematics. Several options are suggested, such as Purcell, Griffiths, and Boilestad, with the suggestion that the student may find cheaper options in Kolkata's College Street or through older editions.
Arup Biswas
I'm a 2nd year Physics student! I want to learn electricity from it's absolute basics! Like AC current, how it is formed, where is formed etc. Please suggest me books which will tell me about the theory in details along with required mathematics too!

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the best book for beginners to learn about AC current?

The best book for beginners to learn about AC current is "Understanding Alternating Current: Learning the Basic Principles" by Stephen Herman. This book covers the fundamentals of AC circuit theory and includes various examples and practice problems to help readers grasp the concepts.

2. Are there any books that explain the practical applications of AC current?

Yes, "Practical Applications of Alternating Current: An Introduction to Circuit Analysis" by Richard Fowler is a great resource for understanding the practical applications of AC current. It includes real-world examples and case studies to help readers apply their knowledge.

3. Can you recommend a book that covers both AC and DC current?

"Electric Circuits: A Comprehensive Introduction" by Charles Alexander and Matthew Sadiku covers both AC and DC current in a single book. It provides a thorough explanation of the fundamentals and includes plenty of practice problems to reinforce learning.

4. Is there a book that covers advanced topics in AC current?

"Advanced AC Circuit Analysis" by M. H. Rashid is a comprehensive guide to understanding advanced topics in AC current. It covers complex concepts such as resonance, filters, and three-phase circuits, making it a valuable resource for engineers and advanced students.

5. Are there any books that include simulations or interactive exercises for learning AC current?

"AC Circuit Simulations: An Interactive Guide" by Charles Platt and Fredrik Jansson is a great resource for those looking for a more interactive learning experience. It includes simulations and interactive exercises to help readers apply their knowledge and gain a deeper understanding of AC circuit theory.