Good iOS apps that help in taking notes?

• Thread starter Maths Absorber
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Apps Notes
In summary, the app would allow the user to keep separate folders and sub folders, integrate with pictures, and back up to the cloud.
Maths Absorber
Hi everybody,

I'm an engineering student with an avid interest in Maths. I wish to do some kind of research in Maths someday and Really enjoy studying it.

Of late, I have been reading a lot of Maths books on different topics and it's getting hard to keep track of everything I've read. I have been thinking of keeping noted of them for easy reference and revision, as well as keeping track of everything I've read.

I very much prefer electronic notebooks to physical ones. They are easier to maintain, easier to edit, don't get lost or torn over time, don't occupy the physical space of a cupboard and allow easy revision throughout life. I have an iPad and so would like to take advantage of the technology.

I'm looking for a app which would :
1. Allow me to keep separate folders and sub folders. So, I can maintain separate notebooks for separate books and separate chapters within them.
2. Allow integration with pictures so I can write mathematical notation in my MathPad app and then export it as a picture to the notebook,
3. Allow back ups to the cloud so I don't lose my data when I move on to the next iPad.

A visually-pleasing user interface is always appreciated. Any kind of integration with mind maps would also be great. I have an excellent flash cards app already. If there's any way to link the two, it would be great too !

Please tell me if you have any good suggestions !

Thanks a lot for your time and effort !
May you be blessed !

Physics news on Phys.org
You can try Evernote. Though, I don't know if it provides cloud backup.

Otherwise, you can try OneNote. Since being a college student, I find that it has more features than I require...which is a good thing, I guess. Also, if you have an outlook account, you can store your notes on OneDrive.

Yeah. I did that. Although I downloaded both, I've decided to start using OneNote.

But the app is a bit overwhelming and I don't know where to start and use stuff. Hopefully, it will get better with time.

Thanks for your suggestions !

1. What are the best iOS apps for taking notes?

Some popular iOS apps for taking notes include Evernote, OneNote, Google Keep, Notability, and Bear. Each of these apps offers unique features and user-friendly interfaces to make note-taking easier and more organized.

2. Are there any free iOS apps for taking notes?

Yes, there are several free iOS apps for taking notes such as Google Keep, Simplenote, and Apple's own Notes app. These apps offer basic note-taking features and can be a great option for those on a budget.

3. Can I sync my notes across all my devices with these apps?

Yes, most note-taking apps offer the ability to sync your notes across multiple devices. This allows you to access your notes from any device as long as you are signed in to the same account. Some apps even offer real-time syncing, so any changes made on one device will immediately reflect on others.

4. Are these apps secure for storing sensitive information?

It depends on the app you choose. Some note-taking apps offer advanced security features such as password protection, encryption, and fingerprint or face ID authentication. It is important to research the security measures of the app before storing any sensitive information.

5. Can I customize the appearance and organization of my notes with these apps?

Yes, most note-taking apps offer customization options for the appearance and organization of your notes. This can include changing the font, color, and formatting of your notes, as well as creating folders or labels to better organize your notes.