Good PDF Reading App That Can Bookmark and Annotate?

• Thread starter Ascendant0
  • Start date
  • Tags
    App Pdf
Ascendant0
I like digital textbooks, and the ones I'm studying now are in PDF format. I really need an app I can use across all my interfaces (windows desktop and laptop, a tablet, and iphone) that I can bookmark and annotate with? I have seen a few readers mentioned online, but it needs to be an app so that I can use it on my tablet and phone as well (I have a LONG commute for work, so I need it on them as well)

Ideally something free, as like I said, I'm going to use it on multiple computers. If I buy something on the iphone or the PC, not sure if I'd be able to download that same purchased app on all my interfaces. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thanks! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure what you are talking about. I have downloaded pdf on my iPhone which I can read, and I just opened a link with a pdf that I could also read on Safari without doing anything.

If Safari doesn't work, download a pdf reader.

fresh_42 said:
Not sure what you are talking about. I have downloaded pdf on my iPhone which I can read, and I just opened a link with a pdf that I could also read on Safari without doing anything.

If Safari doesn't work, download a pdf reader.
Not the iPhone, my tablet. My tablet will not open it with Safari. It is not an Apple product, and the option to open a PDF with it is not available. That is what I use the most when traveling, so I need it on there too

Here is a good forum about all things ebook. Worth bookmarking if ebooks are mission critical for you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/

They have threads about different devices, software, formats etc. If you scroll down the page you will find a section about ebook formats including PDF.

1. What features should I look for in a good PDF reading app that can bookmark and annotate?

A good PDF reading app should allow users to easily bookmark pages for quick access and provide robust annotation tools such as highlighting, underlining, adding text notes, and possibly drawing. It should also offer a user-friendly interface, smooth navigation, and, ideally, sync capabilities across various devices.

2. Are there any free PDF reading apps that offer bookmarking and annotation features?

Yes, there are several free PDF readers available that offer bookmarking and annotation features. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a popular choice that provides extensive annotation tools. Other free apps include Foxit PDF Reader, and Xodo PDF Reader, which also offer good annotation capabilities and cross-platform compatibility.

3. Can I synchronize my bookmarks and annotations across different devices?

Many PDF reading apps offer synchronization features, especially if they are cloud-based or have a companion cloud service. Adobe Acrobat Reader, for instance, allows you to synchronize your bookmarks and annotations across devices by logging into your Adobe account. Make sure the app supports cloud sync before downloading if this feature is important to you.

4. How can I share my annotated PDF documents with others?

Most PDF reading apps with annotation capabilities allow you to save or export the annotated document as a new PDF file, which you can then share via email, cloud storage services, or direct file transfer. Some apps may also offer the option to directly share annotated documents from within the app to other platforms or users.

5. What is the best PDF reader app for academic or professional use?

For academic or professional use, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Foxit PDF Reader are highly recommended due to their extensive features that cater to professional needs, such as advanced annotation tools, high compatibility with various PDF types, and security features. These apps also support integration with other professional tools which can be very handy in a professional or academic environment.