Good resources to help with hard physics classes?

In summary,I'm looking for something that goes very in depth mathematically, as well as goes over the material in a way that elaborates thoroughly and/or is easier to understand. I found some great resources from Schaum's outlines and Amazon.com.
astroman707
I'm having quite a bit of difficulty in my college's intro honors, calc-based physics class. I want to find some good resources, either online or text, to assist with learning the material. The issue I'm having is that most resources I find are either not in depth enough, or they're just as complicated as my prof lectures.
----I'm looking for something that goes very in depth mathematically, as well as goes over the material in a way that elaborates thoroughly and/or is easier to understand.
Any advice on companion books, textbooks, or websites, etc would be amazing!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Check out NPTEL, National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning, an initiative by Govt. of India. The site hosts tons of very good lectures given by professors at Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc).

Go to the course page, search for your course, and you should get a number of lecture courses. In a rare case, the topic might not be available.

I am myself studying from NPTEL. Quantum physics, nuclear physics, maths, computer science, engineering, chemistry and what not! I truly recommend this site. Check the site. Go through the topics in a course, and see if they suite your needs.

Hope that helps!

Wrichik.

astroman707 said:
I'm having quite a bit of difficulty in my college's intro honors, calc-based physics class. I want to find some good resources, either online or text, to assist with learning the material. The issue I'm having is that most resources I find are either not in depth enough, or they're just as complicated as my prof lectures.
----I'm looking for something that goes very in depth mathematically, as well as goes over the material in a way that elaborates thoroughly and/or is easier to understand.
Any advice on companion books, textbooks, or websites, etc would be amazing!

Schaum's outlines are great resources and great sources of solved problems with more bare-bones explanations of the concepts:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071810900/?tag=pfamazon01-20

1. What are some good online resources for physics?

There are many great online resources for physics, including Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics. These websites offer interactive lessons, practice problems, and videos to help with understanding difficult concepts.

2. Are there any helpful textbooks for a specific physics class?

Yes, there are many textbooks that can be helpful for specific physics classes. Some popular choices include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman for introductory physics, "Classical Mechanics" by Goldstein for classical mechanics, and "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by Griffiths for electromagnetism.

3. Can online tutoring services be useful for hard physics classes?

Absolutely! Online tutoring services, such as Chegg Tutors or Tutor.com, can provide one-on-one help and personalized instruction for difficult physics concepts. They also offer flexible scheduling options for busy students.

4. Are there any helpful study guides or review books for physics?

Yes, there are many study guides and review books available for physics. Some popular choices include "Cracking the AP Physics C Exam" by Princeton Review for AP exam preparation, and "Schaum's Outline of College Physics" for general physics review.

5. Are there any free resources for physics help?

Yes, there are several free resources available for physics help. Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and HyperPhysics all offer free content. Additionally, many universities have online resources and lecture notes available for their physics courses.