Goodbye PFs: Wishing You All the Best

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, Brett left the group abruptly without any notice or explanation. He was worried about his whereabouts and wished him the best.
It is very strange that he leave so abruptly without any notice or explanation, isn't it?

Physics news on Phys.org
His leaving may not be voluntary. Evo may be right.

I sent him a PM yesterday. He hasn't replied. :frown:

His profile says: Last Activity: Y 19:14

I wonder if it has anything to do with that big party that he threw (was in charge of)?

or, maybe he started on that movie?

Evo said:
I have his daughter's contact info. I will try to contact her.

Any luck?

yes, what actually happened here?

I miss you all, may be i can i can come back, i think it depends on the hackers, i will soon find out i guess if my email fills up again.
Love to all.

[sleeping sounds] zzzz...zzzzz.zzzzzzz...zzzz...zzzzz!hrmph! *snort* what's that?

Hello?

Wolram?
Hello?zzzzzzz...zzzzzz.zzzz..zzz...zzzzzz

Last edited:
Hi Wolram, good to see you.

So it's your system? There is lot's of help here to clean it and free it of parasites.

wolram said:
I miss you all, may be i can i can come back, i think it depends on the hackers, i will soon find out i guess if my email fills up again.
Love to all.
Welcome back, friend! If you don't already have it, download and install AVAST. Also if you don't use FireFox, it would be a good time to install and use that browser. No browser is perfect, but FireFox gives you better protection against malicious sites than IE (none).

If you can give specifics on what happened to your PC, we'll be happy to help.

wolram said:
Love to all.

Oh, quit whining about the hackers! There's more important things to worry about.

Andre said:
Hi Wolram, good to see you.

So it's your system? There is lot's of help here to clean it and free it of parasites.

Judging from his abrupt departure and apparent identification of the problem with PF, perhaps he feels that his identity was hacked and spammed out by persons on this site?

Wolram!

Welcome back, pal... and welcome to my 'friends' list. Don't let technology get you down.

wolram said:
Love to all.
Welcome back! I went out had a Guinness in your honor.

Well not really, but I would have if I'd noticed you were back. Next one is for you. :biggrin:

Cheers, Wooly! Welcome Home, mate! :approve:

turbo-1 said:
Welcome back, friend! If you don't already have it, download and install AVAST. Also if you don't use FireFox, it would be a good time to install and use that browser. No browser is perfect, but FireFox gives you better protection against malicious sites than IE (none).

If you can give specifics on what happened to your PC, we'll be happy to help.

That's indeed the point, what happened? filling up e-mail? Hackers? There seem to be malicious trojan horses, etc using e-mail addresses of target computers to reproduce spam, taking most of it's capacity. Draconic measures may be required like formatting and re-installing Windows. And yes most definitely the free home edition of Avast! as guards for front and back doors.

So Wolram, perhaps you can explain and we could help, but the best help there is, is a good neighbour knowing his way around in windows.

Also overloaded systems grinding to a halt, may benefit trendously from a good clean-up!. It works superb albeit that you have to reinstall all passwords again.

Welcome home Wolly!

hi you Wolly!

Wolram, I'm in computer security. You may PM me if you would like some free advice or help.

WTF? Make a new email acc if someone is f-ing with it. Hotmail is by far the best...

binzing said:
WTF? Make a new email acc if someone is f-ing with it. Hotmail is by far the best...

That's the reason why I have five different e-mail accounts. One for each level of importance. If something generic requires an e-mail address (which could possibly solicit my address) I give them them the 5th or 4th level one. If it's something important like e-mails for forums I'm a part of or something I purchase, I give out the 2nd level e-mail. I leave the 1st level for all private/daily e-mails.

Andre said:
Draconic measures may be required like formatting and re-installing Windows

Or, from a more practical standpoint, turf that Windows-burning piece of **** and buy a Mac.

edit: Hey, what happened to the built-in censor?

Edit by Evo: it's been reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger said:
Or, from a more practical standpoint, turf that Windows-burning piece of **** and buy a Mac.

I''m a Windows guy, but that's still hilarious. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Evo. I could have edited it myself, but that would have left the door open.

Danger said:
Thanks, Evo. I could have edited it myself, but that would have left the door open.

I got to tell you, Danger, it's so funny that you were relying on the filter to clean up your post for you :smile: And then when you saw that it's broken, you were like "Whoops!" :redface:

:smile:

Danger said:
I'm glad you didn't edit it, you proved my point about the censor not working.

B. Elliott said:
That's the reason why I have five different e-mail accounts. One for each level of importance. If something generic requires an e-mail address (which could possibly solicit my address) I give them them the 5th or 4th level one. If it's something important like e-mails for forums I'm a part of or something I purchase, I give out the 2nd level e-mail. I leave the 1st level for all private/daily e-mails.

Yeah, same here, except its like having two 5th level ones and a 1st level one. I keep a hotmail (1st) for my forum stuff, website registration things, and personal email. Either my gmail or yahoo gets used for random crap that may be a scam, etc. Mainly my Yahoo is used for Freecycle and Yahoo Answers.

Always glad to do my part. :biggrin:

It was quite a surprise after having Matgarbagea show up with asterisks when I was trying to find a driver for a CD player. :rolleyes:

Welcome back Wolram!
Hope you're able to keep the net sharks away.
I'll have a Guinness for you as well this weekend. Cheers!

WOLRAM YOU DIRTBAG, DON'T DO THAT AGAIN! Haven't we had this discussion before? I hate it when you start a thread and say 'goodbye' like it's forever with no explanation and then just show your little face up again like NOTHING ever happened.

Having said that :biggrin: - Welcome back, Wollie. We missed you. :!) :!) Just a warning, tho. We Sisters are now sporting our very own codpieces! - supposedly a step up from the frozen fish-whack. :smile:

Glad to see you are fighting fit TSU, i hope you are mobile very soon, as long as you leave the fish in the freezer.
Gads, i would never imagine anyone miss me, all i can say is i am gob smacked, thankyou
every one.
I will leave my boring problems to the past, then i will find some tedious problems to post for
the future.

wolram said:
Glad to see you are fighting fit TSU, i hope you are mobile very soon, as long as you leave the fish in the freezer.
Gads, i would never imagine anyone miss me, all i can say is i am gob smacked, thankyou
every one.
I will leave my boring problems to the past, then i will find some tedious problems to post for
the future.

Please go away.

Love,

Cyrus

I may have a piece of cod with YOUR name on it Mr. Cyrus! :devil: :biggrin:

wolram said:
every one.
the future.

I'll be good now that I don't have to worry about you anymore. XOXO

wolram said:
I will leave my boring problems to the past, then i will find some tedious problems to post for the future.

That's why everyone here loves having you around. There's so few people capable of telling the difference between the two.