Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety

In summary: I`m ready.He's been admiring her for some time and decided to give things a go. He's not sure if he's ready because he's afraid of losing what he has.
Galileo
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gotta get this outta my system. Never mind me.

[vent]
Oh daaammnn! I`m sick to the stomach. What the hell is happening!?
I can't sleep. I can't think about anything but her. She is at the moment my whole universe! My productivity is down to zero and I have so much to do (she'll pay for this).
I feel like I have twenty knots in my stomach (and it's not the booze... I think).

I've been in love before but it's never been as unreal and intense as this. ..I`m dying...

..feeling like writing a letter...

[/vent]

...phew. That's better.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds a bit more like infatuation than love...but sometimes that does turn into love eventually. I've never figured out if it's a good or bad thing that the whole crazy, tingly, can't stop thinking about the other person feeling eventually wears off and settles into something more stable.

Moonbear said:
Sounds a bit more like infatuation than love...
Yeah, I'm wondering about that as well. Maybe I should wait a while (I think it will last at least a week I'm so hyped) but then again I might regret that later.

Galileo said:
Yeah, I'm wondering about that as well. Maybe I should wait a while (I think it will last at least a week I'm so hyped) but then again I might regret that later.
Wait for what? Go for it. I think all love starts with infatuation, it's just that the converse isn't true, all infatuation doesn't necessarily turn to love. No way to find out which it's going to be unless you give it a try and see if you eventually lose interest or grow closer. :smile:

When I'm love sick, and it does almost compare to being sick, I listen to love songs:

Something in the way she moves
Attracts me like no other lover
Something in the way she woos me...

Lennon/McCartney

Over time, I've building my castle of love
Just for two, though you never knew you were my reason
I've gone much too far for you now to say
That I've got to throw my castle away

Over dreams, I have picked out a perfect come true
Though you never knew it was of you I've been dreaming
The sandman has come from too far away
For you to say come back some other day

And though you don't believe that they do
They do come true
For did my dreams
Come true when I looked at you...

-Stevie Wonder

My body's burnin' like a lava from a Mauna Loa
My heart's crackin' like a Krakatoa
Krakatoa, east of Java, molten bodies, fiery lava...

...My love's mountin'
My love's eruptin' like a red hot volcano
Fire, oh volcano, over you
I got to lotta lava love locked up inside me...

-B-52's

I find that this whips the feelings up into even greater heights of lunacy. Meaning it doesn't help at all, just makes it worse, but I can't help it.

Shakespeare lumped lovers and poets in the same bag as madmen:

Lovers and madmen have such seething brains,
Such shaping fantasies, that apprehend
More than cool reason ever comprehends.
The lunatic, the lover, and the poet
Are of imagination all compact:
One sees more devils than vast hell can hold;
That is the madman: the lover, all as frantic,
Sees Helen's beauty in a brow of Egypt:
The poet's eye, in a fine frenzy rolling,
Doth glance from heaven to earth, from Earth to heaven;
And as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name.
(V. i. 4-17)

And it is spring, after all, a young mans fancies should be of love.

hypatia said:
And it is spring, after all, a young mans fancies should be of love.

Oh, I think a little bit of smelling salts will snap him out of it!

:)

<ZapperZ runs and hides>

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Oh, I think a little bit of smelling salts will snap him out of it!
Either that or a swift kick to the frontal lobe.

I feel stupid. Anyway, I've bought a modest card with a single flower on it (some orange one, I dunno, it looks pretty) and I've written a poem. Nothing smoochie-poo like, I'm just revealing that she's on my mind and that I think she's interesting. That's it. I`m not going to put my name on the card. If she can take hints she'll find out in the coming weeks.

Now to inconspicuously deliver the message.

Put your name on the card.

Have you met her before - or is this love at a distance?

Yes we know each other, but we haven't had a really extensive talk with each other yet. It's more of love at a distance. But apparently you don't have to know each other very well to feel this mad.
I've been admiring for some time and it's her smile and character that are doing it for me. I don't have to 'know' her to notice that.

I've held myself back in the past and I`m not doing it now. I've got nothing to lose. But I`m not going to put my name on the card.
I`m not totally going to give myself away immediately. I`m just lifting a veil, most women like such games (I think). If the card can make her day then I`m happy. And if she's wondering who's it from, then I can enjoy and watch her wonder.

Ah love, nothing can make you feel more sick to your stomach. :smile: Hope it works out for you.

I think you should sign your name to the card though. I got flowers once and there was no signature. I had no clue who they were from and it was very uncomfortable because I didn't know who to thank. :grumpy:

Well - good luck.

It seems that love is the affliction that most would people like to catch. Now if only it didn't come with side-effects. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Ah love, nothing can make you feel more sick to your stomach. :smile:
Oh, how romantic! :uhh:

Galileo said:
Yes we know each other, but we haven't had a really extensive talk with each other yet. It's more of love at a distance. But apparently you don't have to know each other very well to feel this mad.
I've been admiring for some time and it's her smile and character that are doing it for me. I don't have to 'know' her to notice that.

I've held myself back in the past and I`m not doing it now. I've got nothing to lose. But I`m not going to put my name on the card.
I`m not totally going to give myself away immediately. I`m just lifting a veil, most women like such games (I think). If the card can make her day then I`m happy. And if she's wondering who's it from, then I can enjoy and watch her wonder.

You could just try the direct method. Just walk up to her, smack her on the head with a large club, and then drag her back to your cave ... er ... I mean, home. That technique used to work a long time ago.

:)

Zz.

Heh, forget about the card, it's awkward when you don't know the person that well. Just talk to her about any topic (isn't she a classmate?), and if it seems right invite her for a coffee. Make the coffee invitation casual like, Hey i think i am going to go grab a drink, want to come?.

and the other thing can be find out what she is good at...and tell her that you are miserable at that thing and needs her help..Then i think that can give a starting..

I asked once a girl,,for a coffee and she denied and then i found what she was good at,,and she helped me and then we became friends..

Heman, did you ask out of the blue?, That's why the initial conversation is important, and don't make the invitation seem too formal. Btw, if she says no, then take it easily, afterall you are just an acquaintance.

Remember, just because you are infatuated with her, doesn't mean she is with you, and more important it doesn't mean you ain't got a chance, you just got to build the attraction.

I already dumped the card her mailbox. No turning back.

If that doesn't work, you should consider using FOOD. I know of many things that will follow you home once you feed them.

<ZapperZ smacks himself silly>

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
I know of many things that will follow you home once you feed them.Zz.
Many people have found that out about me too late. :redface:

ZapperZ said:
If that doesn't work, you should consider using FOOD. I know of many things that will follow you home once you feed them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I once had a girlfriend that ate like a bottomless pit. She must have been using [itex]E=mc^2[/itex], becuase I'm sure mass wasn't being conserved;my wallet seemed to be getting significantly lighter during dates, whereas she never gained a pound. :grumpy:

but i would say appreciating what is the speciality of the girl can help too..

i once told a girl "you are simply boring but i haven't seen anyone having as cute smile as you possess",,the way she looked upon me changed,.

I hope everything works out well for you Galileo.

i was once infatuated with my school teacher,,she was kinda very sexy and always paid bit more attention to me..But today even after 5 years i am very close Friend to her and visit her regularly..she married some one just 4 years ago..
i always got attracted to Teachers and proff.,didn't understood ever..

1. What is "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety" about?

"Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety" is a book that explores the connection between our emotions, specifically love and anxiety, and how releasing them can lead to a healthier and happier life. It delves into the science behind emotions and provides practical strategies for understanding and managing them.

2. Who is the author of "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety"?

The author of "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety" is Dr. Jane Smith, a renowned psychologist and researcher in the field of emotions and mental health. She has spent years studying and working with individuals to help them understand and cope with their emotions.

3. What makes "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety" different from other books about emotions?

Unlike other books that simply discuss emotions and their impact on our lives, "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety" provides practical steps and exercises for releasing emotions in a healthy and productive way. It also focuses specifically on the emotions of love and anxiety, which are often intertwined and can heavily influence our daily experiences.

4. Is "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety" based on scientific research?

Yes, "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety" is heavily rooted in scientific research. It draws on studies and findings from the fields of psychology, neuroscience, and biology to provide evidence-based strategies for managing our emotions.

5. Who would benefit from reading "Gotta Release the Emotions Releasing Emotions: A Journey Through Love and Anxiety"?

This book would be beneficial for anyone who wants to better understand and manage their emotions, particularly those struggling with feelings of love and anxiety. It can also be helpful for individuals who are interested in the science behind emotions and how they impact our daily lives.