Graphics Coordinate: Is This Correct?

In summary, the graphs intersect at x = 1 and x = 2, and by inspection, we see that the inequality is satisfied only on the interval (1, 2).
squexy
View attachment 2983

The answer is E.

Since the line is passing the parable at x = 1 and 2 I used between these values to satisfy the inequality(x − 1)4< (x − 1)X = 1,5

(1,5 -1)4 < (1,5 -1)
0,0625 < 0,5

Is this correct?

Attachments

• asdhiausdh.jpg
    asdhiausdh.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 53
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I would begin by finding the $x$-values for which the two graphs intersect. We can do this by equating the two functions:

\(\displaystyle (x-1)^4=x-1\)

\(\displaystyle (x-1)^4-(x-1)=0\)

Now, what do you get when you factor?

I was going to type exactly what MarkFL did, but he beat me at it :p

I also want to note that the question has graciously graphed the curves for us, and by inspection, we see that $y=(x-1)^4$ is under the line $y=x-1$ on the interval $(1, 2)$ only, which is the only interval that satisfies your inequality.

1. What is a graphics coordinate?

A graphics coordinate is a pair of numbers that represent a location on a two-dimensional plane. This location is often used to determine the position of an object on a computer screen or in a mathematical graph.

2. How is a graphics coordinate system set up?

A graphics coordinate system is typically set up with the origin (0,0) at the center of the screen or graph, with positive values extending to the right and up, and negative values extending to the left and down.

3. How do I determine if my graphics coordinate is correct?

To determine if your graphics coordinate is correct, you can check for a few key factors. First, make sure the origin is in the correct location. Then, check that the values increase in the correct direction (positive or negative). Finally, test a few points to see if they are plotted in the correct location.

4. Can graphics coordinates be used in three-dimensional space?

Yes, graphics coordinates can also be used in three-dimensional space, with an additional z-axis representing depth. This allows for the placement of objects in a 3D environment, such as in computer graphics or virtual reality.

5. How are graphics coordinates used in computer programming?

In computer programming, graphics coordinates are often used to specify the location and size of objects on a screen, such as images, buttons, or text. They can also be used in mathematical functions to plot graphs and analyze data.