Have you ever fallen in love with a celebrity?

In summary, the conversation is about how falling in love with celebrities is a common occurrence and can be difficult to deal with. The speakers discuss their own experiences and how they have managed to move on from their crushes. They also mention the impact of media and false images on idolizing celebrities.
physics user1
A famous singer, actress or in general a girl who is famous and impossible to be with or meet

Same for girls: singer, actor and in general someone impossible to get

How did you deal with that? I mean you know it's impossible

Physics news on Phys.org
It was easy to get over once you met someone more interesting.

Likes physics user1
It never happened to me. But I can easily see how you can avoid it or get out of it. Realize that its not a person that you love, its only a false image made to advertise and make money. It doesn't necessarily mean that the real person behind that image is a bad person, but you can be sure that its not the real person presented to you and there was no intention of any kind of personal relationship in creating that image except at the level that makes the advertisement successful.

Likes physics user1
Somewhat related, I once felt strongly about a girl who I merely dreamed about. It was odd. I'm pretty sure the person had no analogue in reality, I wasn't even entirely sure what they looked like but I felt weird about it for a few days- then the feeling basically went away. As far as celebrities, I don't watch TV or really any type of digital entertainment, so I don't know much about that.

Likes physics user1
I had the hots for Justin from NSYNC... o:)

Likes physics user1
I did not love Davina Mc Call but i fancied her something rotten

Likes physics user1
Falling in love with a celebrity ? I think it is probably just your admiration you have to idolize the one you are fond of or likely want to be, not really love, with which in most cases needs a time dependent process to grow.
If I always had to fall for celebrities I solely met or saw on TV shows or in movies, there would have probably been at least 1000 stars I couldn't resist to go out with within a few months. All sound cute and sooo gentle ... before their audience.

Awful schoolboy crush on Barbara Harris from "A Thousand Clowns". Particularly emotive face .

51NJE5R3BQL.jpg
It's now fifty years later and Helen Hunt has same effect on me .

Cozma Alex said:
How did you deal with that?
I just sigh.

Last edited:
Likes davenn, physics user1 and Pepper Mint
Emma Watson, when I was 12 or something.

Likes EnumaElish
Marisa Tomei, Susan Sarandon. It passes with time.

Last edited:
Haven't we all?

I have never really shaken off the spell cast on me by these two eyes, or rather four.

Likes EnumaElish

1. Have you ever fallen in love with a celebrity?

As a scientist, I have not conducted any research on this topic. However, from a personal standpoint, I have not fallen in love with a celebrity.

2. Is it possible to truly be in love with a celebrity?

It is possible to develop strong feelings for a celebrity, but it is important to remember that these feelings are often based on a highly curated and idealized version of the celebrity rather than who they truly are as a person.

3. Why do people become infatuated with celebrities?

People may become infatuated with celebrities due to their perceived attractiveness, wealth, talent, and lifestyle. Additionally, the constant media coverage and exposure of celebrities can make them seem more desirable and unattainable.

4. Is it healthy to have a crush on a celebrity?

Having a crush on a celebrity is a normal and common experience. However, it is important to maintain a healthy perspective and not let these feelings consume your life or impact your relationships with others.

5. Can a celebrity ever truly reciprocate feelings of love from a fan?

It is possible for a celebrity to develop feelings for a fan, just like any other person. However, it is important to recognize that the power dynamic between a celebrity and fan can make it difficult for a genuine and equal relationship to form.