Have you ever thought of suiciding?

• Thread starter tahayassen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about summarizing content and how the expert responds by providing a summary instead of answering questions. The expert is skilled at summarizing and does not engage in any other form of communication.
tahayassen
I was just wondering... was there a time during your life when you thought suicide might be an option?

I was talking to a classmate (his average is high 80's like me) today, and we both agreed that school makes you want to suicide. What's the point of doing all this work and forcing yourself to meet deadlines? Is it even worth it? When I'm doing homework in a late night, I sometimes consider it.

Thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Please look at this link
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/Default.aspx

Last edited:

1. What is the difference between suicidal thoughts and actual suicide?

Suicidal thoughts refer to the presence of thoughts or ideas about ending one's own life, while actual suicide is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. While suicidal thoughts can be concerning and should be taken seriously, they do not necessarily lead to suicide. Seeking help and support can help prevent these thoughts from escalating to a suicide attempt.

2. What are some warning signs that someone may be considering suicide?

Some common warning signs of suicidal thoughts include talking about wanting to die or end their life, feelings of hopelessness or worthlessness, withdrawing from social activities, and giving away possessions. It's important to take any mention of suicide seriously and offer support and resources to the individual.

3. Can someone who is suicidal be helped?

Yes, with the right support and resources, someone who is suicidal can be helped. It is important to listen non-judgmentally and offer empathy and understanding. Encouraging the person to seek professional help, such as therapy or counseling, can also make a positive impact on their well-being.

4. Is talking about suicide with someone who is struggling with their mental health a good idea?

Yes, talking about suicide with someone who is struggling with their mental health can be helpful. It shows that you care and are willing to listen and support them. However, it's important to approach the conversation with sensitivity and to avoid judgment or giving advice. Encouraging them to seek professional help is also important.

5. How can I support someone who is having suicidal thoughts?

One of the best ways to support someone who is having suicidal thoughts is to listen non-judgmentally and offer empathy and understanding. Encouraging them to seek professional help and offering to help them find resources can also make a positive impact. It's also important to take care of your own well-being and seek support for yourself if needed.