Having trouble responding to posts with my cellphone

• Thread starter student34
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone having trouble responding to posts on their cellphone while using a website. They mention that the website works perfectly on their computer, but on their phone, it forces them into the box of the original post and randomly jumps their cursor when trying to respond to the whole thread. They specify that they are using a Samsung S11, which is one year old, and ask if inputs on other websites work normally with that phone.
student34
I am having trouble responding ding to posts on my cellphone. The website just doesn't work right with my cell, butDworks perfectly with my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
What part is not working? The "Reply" option, or you can't type in the Edit window, or you can type in it but don't see the Post Reply button?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
berkeman said:
What part is not working? The "Reply" option, or you can't type in the Edit window, or you can type in it but don't see the Post Reply button?
When I try to reply, it forces me into the box of the original post. And if I try to do a response to the whole thread, it will just randomly jump my cursor to different parts of the post.

Which phone is this on?

Phone model? Which browser and what version are you using?

I was on a Samsung s 11. It's 1 year old. I never had trouble with it before.

Do inputs on other websites work normally with that phone?

1. Why am I having trouble responding to posts with my cellphone?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be due to a slow internet connection, a glitch in the app or browser you are using, or a compatibility issue with your phone's operating system. It's best to troubleshoot by checking your internet connection and updating your app or browser.

2. Can I respond to posts with any type of cellphone?

Yes, you should be able to respond to posts with any type of cellphone as long as you have a stable internet connection and a compatible app or browser. However, some older or less advanced cellphones may have difficulty loading or responding to certain types of posts.

3. Is there a specific way to respond to posts on a cellphone?

No, responding to posts on a cellphone should be similar to responding on a computer. You can type your response in the designated area and click the "submit" or "post" button. If you are having trouble, try refreshing the page or restarting your phone.

4. Are there any tips for responding to posts on a cellphone?

If you find yourself having trouble responding to posts on your cellphone, try using a different app or browser. Some may be more compatible with your phone and make it easier to respond. Additionally, make sure your phone's software is up to date and consider clearing your cache and cookies.

5. How can I improve my experience when responding to posts on my cellphone?

To improve your experience when responding to posts on your cellphone, make sure you have a strong internet connection and use a reliable app or browser. You can also try turning off any unnecessary apps or features on your phone to free up memory and improve performance. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to the app or website's customer support for further assistance.