Help finding Literature Sources (Solubility of Potassium Nitrate)

In summary, the speaker is struggling to find literature sources to compare their experimental values for the entropy and enthalpy of potassium nitrate dissolution in water. They mention that it takes more time to find a source than to type the paper, and they are specifically looking for data under similar temperature conditions. They ask for tips or help and one suggestion is to use thermodynamic databases or search the literature for relevant papers.
AdkinsJr
I am typing up a lab report for an introductory chemistry course. Basically we determined the entropy and enthalpy for the dissolution of potassium nitrate in water. The exp. values I found are close to each other but I'm supposed to compare to literature sources and I'm finding frustratingly that it takes more time to find a source than to type the paper.

I can't find any handbooks that have this data and I don't know how to search the literature for this, it's just too specific because I have to have the thermodynamic data under similar conditions. The temperatures were in the 300-330 Kelvin Range, my exp. values are:
186.31 J/K*mol 48.244kJ/mol
186.04J/K*mol. 48.158kJ/mol.

Any tips or help would be appreciated.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
One approach you might take is to look into thermodynamic databases, like the one offered by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). These databases contain data from numerous scientific sources, including experimental values for thermodynamic properties in the temperature range you're interested in. Additionally, you can also search the literature for papers that report values for potassium nitrate dissolution in water in the temperature range you're interested in. You can use a scholarly search engine, like Google Scholar, to help you find relevant papers.

1. What is the best way to search for literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate?

The best way to search for literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate is to use academic databases and search engines such as Google Scholar, ScienceDirect, and PubMed. These databases allow you to filter your search results by relevance, date, and source type, making it easier to find relevant and reliable sources.

2. How can I determine the credibility of a literature source on the solubility of potassium nitrate?

To determine the credibility of a literature source, you can check the author's credentials and affiliations, the journal or publication it was published in, and if it has been peer-reviewed. You can also look for references and citations within the source to see if it has been cited by other reputable sources.

3. Are there any specific keywords I should use when searching for literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate?

Some keywords you can use when searching for literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate include "potassium nitrate solubility", "aqueous solubility of potassium nitrate", "solubility of potassium nitrate in water", and "thermodynamic solubility of potassium nitrate". You can also add other relevant keywords such as "experiment", "measurement", "temperature", and "concentration" to narrow down your search.

4. Can I access literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate for free?

Many academic databases and search engines offer access to literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate for free. However, some sources may require a subscription or one-time payment to access full-text articles. You can also check if your institution or local library has access to these databases.

5. How can I stay updated on new literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate?

You can stay updated on new literature sources on the solubility of potassium nitrate by setting up alerts or notifications on your preferred academic databases and search engines. You can also follow relevant journals or researchers on social media or sign up for email newsletters to receive updates on new publications.