Help in a tube about a laser ray

In summary, you need to reflect the laser beam N times in order to get it to travel the entire length of the tube. You need to aim the beam so it just grazes the entrance of the tube and hits halfway down.
hagopbul
i need a equation that discrip the movement of laser ray in the tube in a way that it won't get out

Physics news on Phys.org
google for "total internal reflection".

the tube is open from the both ends

Sounds like some sort of pipe that is hollow if it can be described as "open at both ends".

ok it is a tube long about 100 cm i want to make a laser beam enter the tube in an angle and reflect severl times in this tube like the black body...were the laser enter the body and reflect in it until it is complitly absorbed ...but instead of rectangel with one entrance ...a tube with two entrance

So you need to know how well the material absorbs the laser light.
At each reflection, some is absorbed, some transmitted, and some reflected.
Depending on the tube material and the color of the laser, the absorption could be 100% at the first contact to almost nothing. iirc: it does not depend on the angle of the incident beam so you are only concerned to get enough reflections to absorb a significant percentage of the photons in the length of the tube.

yes and i need to know how to write an equation that makes the light reflect so many time in the tube that will traverse in the tube more than its length for example 100 time

Its the same as reflecting off two mirrors.

Lets say you want to reflect N times, in a tube length L and diameter D.
Put your laser on-axis, but angled towards one side.

If N=1, you need to aim the laser so it just grazes the edge of the entrance and hits half way down. If N=2, it's the same but aimed a third of the way down and so on. So you are making N+1 isosceles triangles, with height D and base 2L/(N+1). The angle of attack is therefore given by:

[itex]\tan\theta = L/(N+1)D[/itex]

If you aim the beam well off-axis though, you can get more reflections spiraling around the outside. So you have quite a lot of freedom... the same sort of argument above can be used to find out how many reflections you get off-axis.The secret is to draw the picture.

Last edited:
simon you are the man...i want to be like you ...i can't transform my ideas into mathematical formulas ...what should i read or do to become like you

Lots of practise - drawing mostly.
Math is a language - you use almost the same way... picture what you want, draw it, turn it over in your mind and when you can feel it, describe it in math.

Turning words into a picture is usually the slow part.
Look how long it took to get the right picture of what you wanted.

Related to Help in a tube about a laser ray

1. What is a laser ray?

A laser ray is a concentrated beam of light that is produced by a device called a laser. It is a type of electromagnetic radiation that has a specific wavelength and travels in a straight line.

2. How does a laser ray work?

A laser ray is created when an electrical current stimulates atoms or molecules in a laser medium, causing them to emit photons (light particles) in the same direction and with the same frequency. These photons bounce back and forth between two mirrors, amplifying each other and creating a highly concentrated beam of light.

3. What are some uses of a laser ray?

Laser rays have a wide range of applications, including in medicine, communication, and scientific research. They are used in surgeries, communication systems, barcode scanners, and even in cutting and welding materials.

4. Can a laser ray be harmful?

Yes, laser rays can be harmful if not used properly. The concentrated beam of light can cause damage to the eye or skin if directly exposed. It is important to always follow safety guidelines and use protective equipment when working with laser rays.

5. How can a tube help with a laser ray?

A tube, specifically a laser tube, is a crucial component in creating and controlling a laser ray. It contains the laser medium and mirrors that are necessary for the amplification and direction of the light beam. Without a tube, a laser ray cannot be produced.