Help me choose Cloud technology for small business-:

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of cloud systems and the different types of services they offer, namely IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS. The speaker expresses their preference for IaaS as it allows for more control and the option to make changes. They also discuss the lack of understanding and accountability when it comes to cloud systems. The conversation also touches on the benefits of using cloud services for small businesses.
shivajikobardan
Homework Statement
illustrate what type of cloud technologies would you recommend for a small business firm with high level of accuracy and security required for business transactions.
Relevant Equations
IaaS,SaaS,PaaS
IMO IaaS would be the right choice as most of the things you can change yourself rather than depending on cloud.. What do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
First off, IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS are not equations. If you can't think of any equations, you could just write NA, short for "not applicable."

Second, I for one don't know what the IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS expand to, and I'd be willing to bet that some other members don't, either. My guess is that they are <x> as a System, but that's only a guess.

I've never recommended any 'cloud' systems ##-## I think that it's a severely untruthful paradigm ##-## really they're server sets run by someone else.

Last edited:
Mark44 said:
I for one don't know what the IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS expand to, and I'd be willing to bet that some other members don't, either.
I'll 'fess up that I don't know either ##-## I actually don't want to know anything about 'cloud' stuff ##-## I don't see why I should allow myself to be answerable regarding a system set over which I have no control.

shivajikobardan said:
IMO IaaS would be the right choice as most of the things you can change yourself rather than depending on cloud.. What do you think?
In my opinion, you're right to want more control options; however, you can't control what someone else does, even though you can still be blamed for it if something goes wrong; wherefore, I generally eschew 'cloud' options whenever/wherever I can.

Mark44 said:
My guess is that they are <x> as a System, but that's only a guess.
Close, it's <x> as a service. I believe "Software as a Service" was the first to be coined, Infrastructure and Platform came later.

Depending on what you call "small", a small business may not have the resources to run its own full service IT department so the ability to purchase secure and robust software, networking and hardware services has a value.

Likes sysprog
pbuk said:
I believe "Software as a Service"
Yes, that looks familiar.

Likes sysprog

1. What is Cloud technology and how does it benefit small businesses?

Cloud technology refers to the delivery of computing services, including storage, servers, software, and networking, over the internet. It allows small businesses to access these resources without the need for physical infrastructure, reducing costs and increasing flexibility.

2. How do I determine which Cloud technology is best for my small business?

To choose the right Cloud technology for your small business, you should consider factors such as your budget, business needs, and level of technical expertise. It's also important to research different providers and their offerings to find the best fit for your business.

3. Can I migrate my existing data and applications to the Cloud?

Yes, it is possible to migrate your existing data and applications to the Cloud. However, it may require some adjustments and configurations to ensure compatibility and optimal performance. It's important to plan and prepare for the migration process carefully to avoid any disruptions to your business operations.

4. Is Cloud technology safe and secure for my small business?

Cloud technology can be safe and secure for small businesses if proper security measures are in place. This includes using strong passwords, implementing data encryption, and regularly backing up your data. It's also important to choose a reputable and reliable Cloud provider with a strong track record of security.

5. What are the costs associated with using Cloud technology for my small business?

The costs of using Cloud technology for small businesses can vary depending on the provider and the services you choose. Some providers offer pay-as-you-go plans, while others may charge a monthly or yearly subscription fee. It's important to carefully consider your budget and the features you need before making a decision.