Help Needed: Understanding Equation No. 3 in an Article

• Thread starter Suminous
  • Start date
  • Tags
    article
STRACT: In summary, the individual is a first-time poster who is looking for a book or article to help explain the reasoning behind equation no. 3 in a specific article. They have not been able to find what they need and are unsure if they are missing something or experiencing a lapse in understanding. They have been advised to contact the authors for more information.
Suminous
Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, first time poster.

I would like to find a book or article explaining at least some of the reasoning behind equation no. 3 in this article:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/0709.4593v2

I'm a bit surprised I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I don't know if I'm just having a major brainfart or what. Some help would be much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org

Suminous said:
Sorry if I'm doing this wrong, first time poster.

I would like to find a book or article explaining at least some of the reasoning behind equation no. 3 in this article:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/0709.4593v2

I'm a bit surprised I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I don't know if I'm just having a major brainfart or what. Some help would be much appreciated.

You better send an email to the authors and ask them if there is any reference regarding the validity of Eq. 3!

AB

Related to Help Needed: Understanding Equation No. 3 in an Article

1. What is equation No. 3 trying to explain?

Equation No. 3 is attempting to mathematically represent a relationship between two or more variables. It is a way to quantify and understand the connection between these variables.

2. Why is understanding equation No. 3 important?

Equation No. 3 is important because it allows us to make predictions and draw conclusions based on the values of the variables involved. It also helps us to better understand the underlying principles and mechanisms at work in a given system.

3. How do I interpret the variables and symbols in equation No. 3?

The best way to interpret the variables and symbols in equation No. 3 is to refer to the article or paper where it is presented. The author should provide a key or legend explaining the meaning of each variable and symbol.

4. Can equation No. 3 be applied to other situations or systems?

It depends on the context and assumptions made in the equation. Some equations are specific to a particular system or phenomenon, while others may have broader applications. It is important to thoroughly understand the assumptions and limitations of an equation before applying it to other situations.

5. Are there any common mistakes or misconceptions when working with equation No. 3?

Yes, there can be common mistakes or misconceptions when using equation No. 3. Some of these include incorrect input values, wrong units, and misinterpreting the results. It is important to double-check your work and seek clarification if needed.