Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the potential difference along a line perpendicular to the axis of a dipole, as well as along the axis itself. The method of superposition is used, and the integral of the electric field is also mentioned. There is confusion about how to do the integral and what values to use for the distances in the equations.
soupastupid

Homework Statement

We know the magnitude of the electric field at a location on the x-axis and at a location on the y axis, if we are far from the dipole.

(a) Find [tex]\Delta[/tex]V= V_p - V_a along a line perpendicular to the axis of a dipole. Do it two ways: from superposition of V due to the two charges and from the integral of the electric field.

(b) Find [tex]\Delta[/tex]V = V_c - V_d along the axis of the dipole. Include the correct signs. Do it two ways: from the superposition of V due to the two charges and from the integral of the electric field.

Homework Equations

V_q = (1/4[tex]\pi[/tex][tex]\epsilon[/tex]_0)(+or-q/r)
k= 1/4[tex]\pi[/tex][tex]\epsilon[/tex]_0

The Attempt at a Solution

(a)
superposition
[tex]\Delta[/tex]V= (1/4[tex]\pi[/tex][tex]\epsilon[/tex]_0)(+q/(d^2+(s^2)/4))^(1/2))-(1/4[tex]\pi[/tex][tex]\epsilon[/tex]_0)(-q/(d^2+(s^2)/4))^(1/2))

[tex]\Delta[/tex]V= 0

BUT
i don't kno how to do integral
i think its

integral from p to a : E times dd

how do i do it?

i thinks its...

int from a to b: kq/r^2

and i use formula:
int of 1 / x^2 + a^2 dx = (1/a)tan^-1 (x/a)

but I am not sure how to use it or show the answer

(b) superposition

[tex]\Delta[/tex]V = V_c - V_d
= (E_c)a - (E_d)b = 2kqsa/(a^3) -2kqsb/(b^3)
= ((sq)/(2[tex]\pi[/tex][tex]\epsilon[/tex]_0))(1/(a^2)-1(b^2))

but again

i don't kno how to do integration

i haven't got a clue for part B

Attachments

• 16.40A.jpg
    16.40A.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 16.40B.jpg
    16.40B.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
At the location on the y-axis
due to +q charge
E= k*q/r^2
E = -dV/dr
dV = - E*dr . V = - k*q* intg(1/r^2)*dr
Find the integration. Similarly find V due to - q. Then find net V.
Follow the same method to find V along x-axis.

wats the R for V_a?

wats the R for V_p?

are they different?

i think the R for V_a is ((s/2)^2 + d^2 ) )^ (1/2)

but for V_p...

is it just s/2?

if that's true i don't think i will get 0 for [tex]\Delta[/tex]V = V_p - V_A

What is "Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement"?

"Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement" is a service that provides assistance with understanding and completing integration dipole homework problems. Integration dipole is a concept in physics that involves calculating the electric field created by a dipole, which is an object with two opposite charges separated by a distance.

Who can benefit from "Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement"?

Students who are studying physics and need help with understanding and solving integration dipole problems can benefit from this service. It can also be useful for anyone interested in learning more about integration dipole and its applications.

How does "Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement" work?

After submitting a request for help, a team of experienced tutors will work with you to understand your specific needs and provide step-by-step guidance and explanations to help you solve your integration dipole homework problems. You can also ask any questions you may have and receive personalized support.

Is "Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement" a reliable service?

Yes, "Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement" is a reliable service. All tutors are highly qualified and have expertise in integration dipole and related concepts. They also use proven methods to help students understand and solve problems effectively.

How can I access "Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement"?

You can access "Help With Intergration Dipole Homework Statement" by visiting the website and submitting a request for help. The service is available 24/7 and can be accessed from any location with an internet connection.