Hi everyone.... I want to know your opinion in this schedule

In summary, the conversation discussed the issue of setting a schedule for studying and the potential problems with this approach. The speaker shared their opinion that such a structured plan may lead to failure and suggested a more flexible day-to-day approach. They also recommended listening to a TED talk on procrastination and mentioned a post explaining why scheduling in this way may not be effective. The conversation ended with a suggestion to consider unforeseen circumstances and the potential for difficulties in understanding material.
KareemKhaled
Hi,
I was published a post few days ago go and read it : here
and I have set a schedule to solve my issue.

I want to know your opinion and what is your suggestions ♥

Attachments

• PHYsics TABLE.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 225
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a bit too structured. I know I would never be able to follow such a plan because if I did I'd lie to myself that I satisfactorily did the task just to stay on schedule. Basically, you are setting yourself up for failure. Also, there are no recovery days in case something unforeseen happens, flu, snow day, time out to recover from burn out, prof lays on the homework or a special project that must be done...

There is a curious Ted talk on procrastination where the speaker did something similar for a project in college. Listen to what he has to say:

Your scheduling questions while important to you, are very repetitive to everyone else. Check out my post as to why I think you are setting yourself up to fail ie focusing more on the time and not on the subject.

Imagine you're in a bicycle race and you plan on riding 100 miles per day as that is what you have done on flat ground in the past. The race, however, is very mountainous and now your plan falls apart and you get depressed because you can no longer meet your goals.

The more effective scheme is to plan from day to day and gear your studies so as to complete everything before the upcoming test. Set a goal to accomplish X today and then accomplish X tomorrow. Day to day ie just in time scheduling.

Your schedule is unrealistic, given the constraints of your other classes and your plan to allocate two hours per day for your study plan.

Your day-to-day plan looks pretty much like this:
Lecture N - Day M​
Memorize Lecture N contexts - Day M + 1​
Problems on Lecture N - Day M + 2​
etc.​
This plan doesn't take into account any snags caused by not fully understanding material in Day X that get used again in Day X + 9, for example.

Thread closed.

1. What is the purpose of this schedule?

The purpose of this schedule is to outline the tasks and events that need to be completed within a specific time frame.

2. How was this schedule created?

This schedule was likely created through a combination of brainstorming, research, and collaboration with other team members or stakeholders.

3. Can this schedule be adjusted or changed?

Yes, schedules are often fluid and can be adjusted as needed. However, changes should be communicated and agreed upon by all involved parties.

4. What happens if the tasks on the schedule are not completed on time?

If tasks are not completed on time, it could potentially delay the overall project or affect other tasks that are dependent on the completion of the delayed task. It is important to communicate any delays and work towards finding solutions to stay on track.

5. How can this schedule be used effectively?

This schedule can be used effectively by regularly reviewing and updating it, communicating any changes or delays, and staying organized and focused on completing tasks within the designated time frame.