High School Physics & Math Annals - Grades 9-12

In summary, the conversation is about finding a physics and math textbook for high school that covers grades 9 to 12 and includes exercises and solutions. The person needs these books because they learned physics in a different language and will be studying in the US for university. Some recommended books include "Physics: Principles with Applications" and "University Physics with Modern Physics". The person also mentions Feynman Lectures in Physics and other recommended books for problem-solving practice.
Peter25samaha
I need a physics annal and a math annal for high school that contain all from grade 9 to grade 12 and with courses in each chapter if possible . Tell me their names please . P.S : i am going to start physics in university so i need a good one .

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think the word "annal" means what you think it means. (It's a record of events of a particular year, like 1776 or 1492) What exactly are you looking for,

Vanadium 50 said:
I don't think the word "annal" means what you think it means. (It's a record of events of a particular year, like 1776 or 1492) What exactly are you looking for,
i meaned by this a textbook of physics where i can find exercices and solution (it can contain official exams with solutions)

smodak said:
I am confused.
In the following post you say that you finished high school. Why are you looking for a textbook of physics that covers grades 9 - 12 again? What's wrong with the books you learned from in school?
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-branches.863561/#post-5419774 .
Because i learned grade 9 to 12 physics in another language (french) and i am going to study university in usa so i need those high school books not only for the language i need to see if the curriculum i have learned is the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Peter25samaha
smodak said:
I am not sure it fully answers your questions, but for Physics, you may want to look into
https://www.amazon.com/dp/047134530X/?tag=pfamazon01-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0300192207/?tag=pfamazon01-20
and https://www.amazon.com/dp/0300212364/?tag=pfamazon01-20 (when released). I own and read the first two and I find them quite satisfactory. You should also look at Feynman Lectures in Physics (one of my favorites) - they are available online here http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
Its good . I need books that are only for problems and solution for physics to practice on that

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of "High School Physics & Math Annals - Grades 9-12"?

The purpose of "High School Physics & Math Annals - Grades 9-12" is to provide a comprehensive and structured study guide for high school students in grades 9-12 to learn and understand the fundamental concepts of physics and math. It aims to help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and to prepare them for higher education in STEM fields.

2. Who can benefit from "High School Physics & Math Annals - Grades 9-12"?

Any high school student in grades 9-12 who is interested in physics and math can benefit from this resource. It can also be useful for teachers looking for supplemental materials to use in their lessons, as well as for parents who want to support their child's learning at home.

3. What topics are covered in "High School Physics & Math Annals - Grades 9-12"?

The annals cover a wide range of topics in physics and math, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, energy, waves, calculus, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. It also includes practice problems and exercises to reinforce understanding of these concepts.

4. How can "High School Physics & Math Annals - Grades 9-12" help improve my grades?

The annals provide a comprehensive review of key concepts in physics and math, as well as practice problems and exercises to help students apply what they have learned. By using this resource, students can strengthen their understanding of these subjects and improve their grades in school.

5. Is "High School Physics & Math Annals - Grades 9-12" suitable for all levels of students?

Yes, the annals are designed to accommodate students of all levels. They start with basic concepts and gradually progress to more advanced topics. This allows students to learn at their own pace and review any topics they may have difficulty with.