High School Trigonometry course

In summary, the conversation discusses a high school trigonometry course and suggestions for finding resources to deepen understanding. The suggestions include working through exercises and purchasing books such as S. Loony's Trigonometry and Axler's Pre-Calculus in a Nutshell. The conversation also highlights the value of the internet and connecting with others for motivation and direction.
sahilmm15
Can you review this high school trigonometry course. I am having a hard time finding a course about trigonometry for intermediates. I am clear with my basics and want to dive in deep now.Thanks for any suggestions!http://www.mecmath.net/trig/trigbook.pdf

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice. If you like it, work through what you don't already know and do the exercises. If you don't like it, just do the exercises.

BvU said:
Nice. If you like it, work through what you don't already know and do the exercises. If you don't like it, just do the exercises.
Thanks for the reply. I am learning to value internet in a positive way now. Got so much valuable resources around. Just need to connect with the right people around . And they motivate you in the right direction. I am so grateful to the PF team.

Likes Lnewqban, berkeman and BvU
Buy a book. Look at one of the standard Trigonometry books for students in the US (remedial trig course in college). If it is a bit too easy, then look at S. Loony : Trigonometry. It gets advanced real quick...

MidgetDwarf said:
Buy a book. Look at one of the standard Trigonometry books for students in the US (remedial trig course in college). If it is a bit too easy, then look at S. Loony : Trigonometry. It gets advanced real quick...

I remember looking at Axler: Pre-Calculus in a Nutshell. Offers full solutions for some problems. Its very cheap too. I found it clear, but I am unsure what you mean by deep...

1. What is the purpose of a High School Trigonometry course?

A High School Trigonometry course is designed to introduce students to the basic concepts and principles of trigonometry, which is a branch of mathematics that deals with the relationships between the sides and angles of triangles. This course helps students develop problem-solving skills and prepares them for more advanced math courses.

2. What topics are typically covered in a High School Trigonometry course?

Some of the topics that are typically covered in a High School Trigonometry course include trigonometric functions (sine, cosine, tangent), trigonometric identities, right triangle trigonometry, trigonometric equations, and the unit circle. Students may also learn about applications of trigonometry in real-world scenarios.

3. Do I need to have a strong background in math to take a High School Trigonometry course?

While a strong foundation in basic math skills is helpful, most High School Trigonometry courses assume that students have completed Algebra 1 and Geometry. It is important to have a solid understanding of these topics before taking a Trigonometry course.

4. How is Trigonometry used in everyday life?

Trigonometry has many practical applications in fields such as engineering, architecture, physics, and navigation. It is also used in various everyday activities such as measuring the height of a building, calculating distances, and determining the angle of elevation or depression.

5. What are some tips for succeeding in a High School Trigonometry course?

Some tips for succeeding in a High School Trigonometry course include practicing regularly, seeking help from teachers or tutors when needed, and using visual aids or real-world examples to better understand the concepts. It is also important to review and understand basic math concepts before diving into more complex trigonometric concepts.