Hive Minds and Information Theory

In summary, the user is expressing frustration because they had posted things on their journal or blog on their username that they started 6 months ago, but due to a format change, the posts are no longer there. They are asking if there is a way to retrieve them. The conversation takes a hostile turn when another user mentions that the old journals were lost due to an upgrade and they are not a personal storage system. The original user expresses disappointment and frustration and decides to leave because they don't enjoy interacting with the other user.
LizardKing23
There, now that I've got your attention:

I started this username about 6 months ago, and i haven't logged on for quite some time. I posted a few things on my journal/blog, or whatever it was back then, and now it seems as though the format for them has changed, and they are no longer there. I'd like to get those back, so is there any way to do so? Are they still here and I just can't find them?

Physics news on Phys.org
LizardKing23 said:
There, now that I've got your attention:
I started this username about 6 months ago, and i haven't logged on for quite some time. I posted a few things on my journal/blog, or whatever it was back then, and now it seems as though the format for them has changed, and they are no longer there. I'd like to get those back, so is there any way to do so? Are they still here and I just can't find them?

The old journals were lost due to an upgrade. An announcment was made at the time that they would have to be saved and re-entered.

and screw you anyway, we aren't your personal storage system. LizardKing the first never would have acted like that.

cranky much, tribedog?

tribdog said:
we aren't your personal storage system.
We?

I left last time because I don't like you. I don't know what you have against me, but you make it not fun to be here. I hoped you wouldn't be here when I came back, but wasn't that lucky. Maybe I'll try back some other time.

Related to Hive Minds and Information Theory

1. What is a hive mind?

A hive mind is a concept in which a group of individuals act as a cohesive unit, sharing thoughts, ideas, and decision-making processes. This term is often used in science fiction and refers to a group consciousness that operates as one entity.

2. How does information theory apply to hive minds?

Information theory is the study of how information is processed, stored, and transmitted. In the context of hive minds, information theory can be applied to understand how information is shared and disseminated among the individuals in the group. It can also help to explain how the collective intelligence of the hive mind is greater than the sum of its individual parts.

3. What are the benefits of hive minds?

One of the main benefits of hive minds is the ability to pool together the knowledge, skills, and perspectives of multiple individuals to solve complex problems or make decisions. Hive minds also have the potential to be more adaptable and resilient as they can quickly disseminate information and adapt to changing circumstances.

4. Are there any negative aspects to hive minds?

While hive minds have many potential benefits, there are also some negative aspects to consider. For example, groupthink can occur in a hive mind, where individuals may conform to the dominant ideas and suppress their own unique perspectives. Additionally, hive minds may also lead to a loss of individual identity and autonomy.

5. Can hive minds exist in real life?

While the concept of hive minds is often associated with science fiction, there are real-life examples of hive minds in nature, such as in social insects like ants and bees. In human society, certain organizations or groups may also exhibit hive mind-like characteristics, such as in a highly cohesive and collaborative team or in online communities.