How can I effectively use images and equations in my online science forum posts?

In summary, incorporating relevant images and equations can greatly enhance the effectiveness of online science forum posts. Images can help illustrate complex concepts and make them more accessible to readers, while equations can provide a visual representation of mathematical relationships. It is important to use high-quality images and clearly label equations to ensure accuracy and understanding. Additionally, providing proper citations for any images or equations used is crucial in maintaining the integrity of the post. By utilizing images and equations effectively, forum posts can be more engaging and informative for readers.
franktherabbit
Hi, a friend told me about this site and am anxious to try it out. I think it's great that you help students understand the materials by making them realize it instead of telling them. Great to be here and looking forward to our time together.. :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Please take some time to read our site guidelines (see link below) and remember that we help students with mainstream STEM subject and don't dwell on or discuss personal theories or speculative science topics.

jedishrfu said:
Welcome to PF!

Please take some time to read our site guidelines (see link below) and remember that we help students with mainstream STEM subject and don't dwell on or discuss personal theories or speculative science topics.
Sure sure, no theories's of everything from me.. Is there any special way you post diagrams? LaTex for equations i see.

You can post an image file (see the landscape icon) when writing your post in post editor.

We don't like it when full problems are posted out of a book or worksheet that way though.

We prefer to see your work and the Latex you used for your equations which helps us in formulating our responses.

Also we prefer each question/problem gets its own thread and if homework in the homework forums. When there are multiple questions then the thread gets all entangled and confusion reigns.

Last edited:
Likes franktherabbit