How can i select a steer-by-wire ECU and motor

• Thread starter hello_one
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motor
In summary, you plan to design a steer by wire system, and you are wondering what parameters are available via the on-board data port. You also asked about motor torque. Are you aware that a car's Engine Control Unit provides data that you can read and may help find torque? Have you looked at what data is available?
hello_one
I plan to design a steer by wire system,is there a formula to caculate the motor torque?and how can i select a proper ECU.
regards.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you looked at what parameters are available via the on-board data port?

hello_one said:
I plan to design a steer by wire system...how can i select a proper ECU.
Talk to the people at SKF ...?

Home Page ...

Likes hello_one
OCR said:
Talk to the people at SKF ...?

Home Page ...
oh,that is great helpful for me ,thanks.
I will take a good look.

russ_watters said:
Have you looked at what parameters are available via the on-board data port?
oh,i am sorry that i can't understand your implement exactly,i plan to do a steer by wire system include it's controller.I am also puzzled with the parameter.my purpose is realize the steer .

hello_one said:
oh,i am sorry that i can't understand your implement exactly,i plan to do a steer by wire system include it's controller.I am also puzzled with the parameter.my purpose is realize the steer .
You asked about motor torque. Are you aware that a car's Engine Control Unit provides data that you can read and may help find torque? Have you looked at what data is available?

[edit] Reading your question again, it isn't clear to me what "motor" you are referring to...car or steering system...

Likes hello_one
russ_watters said:
You asked about motor torque. Are you aware that a car's Engine Control Unit provides data that you can read and may help find torque? Have you looked at what data is available?

[edit] Reading your question again, it isn't clear to me what "motor" you are referring to...car or steering system...
My work is select two motors(most of them are dc motor).one is the Steering reaction force actuator.the other is Steering actuator .And select a ecu to control these two motors to realize the steer work.I'm not familiar these works and puzzled for the whole work,especially the simulation.
I'm not transform a car from mechanism to steer-by-wire.I am designing a simple model for a electric car.So, i can't get the available from the ECU.
I'm not familiar with the US,could you recommend me some information(the web or forum).
I'm very grateful for your help.

1. What is a steer-by-wire ECU and motor?

A steer-by-wire ECU (Electronic Control Unit) and motor are components used in a steer-by-wire system to control the steering of a vehicle electronically, rather than through a mechanical connection between the steering wheel and the wheels.

2. How does a steer-by-wire ECU and motor work?

A steer-by-wire ECU and motor work together to receive signals from the steering wheel and sensors on the vehicle, and then use this information to control the steering of the vehicle. The ECU sends electronic signals to the motor, which adjusts the steering angle of the wheels accordingly.

3. What factors should I consider when selecting a steer-by-wire ECU and motor?

When selecting a steer-by-wire ECU and motor, you should consider the compatibility with your vehicle make and model, the power and torque capabilities of the motor, the responsiveness and accuracy of the ECU, and the safety features and redundancies in case of system failure.

4. How do I know if a steer-by-wire ECU and motor are suitable for my vehicle?

You can consult with a mechanic or automotive expert to determine if a steer-by-wire ECU and motor are suitable for your vehicle. They can assess the compatibility and make recommendations based on your specific vehicle and needs.

5. Are there any maintenance or troubleshooting tips for a steer-by-wire ECU and motor?

Yes, it is important to regularly check and maintain the wiring and connections of the ECU and motor to ensure proper functioning. If you experience any issues with your steer-by-wire system, it is best to consult with a professional for proper troubleshooting and repairs.