How can i start in quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of understanding the basics of quantum physics and quantum mechanics. The original poster is looking for recommendations for articles or videos to start their journey in learning about the subject. They mention not wanting a book and express difficulty in finding such materials in their country. Other users suggest resources such as the Feynman lectures and video lectures from Cornell University and Vega Science Trust. The conversation also touches on the importance of having a solid foundation in physics and mathematics. One user recommends watching the Crash Course and Space-Time channels on YouTube as a starting point.
mr1batman
i want an article or video that i can start with at the journy of understanding the basics of quantum physics and quantum mechanics
i don't want a book because in my country i would not find this types of books every where it's unique to find them
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not clear what your level of education is... and how far you wish to go.

http://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
and video lectures:
http://www.cornell.edu/video/playlist/richard-feynman-messenger-lectures ("Character of Physical Law")
http://www.vega.org.uk/video/subseries/8 (Feynman's Auckland lectures... precursor to the QED book)

You can probably find versions of these videos on YouTube.

Likes mr1batman
Thanks for the Feynman lecture links

robphy said:
i have no idea about it all what i know is that quantum mechanics branch of physics to study atoms
i am not going to study it i am just going to read about it to have a good background about it
thanks for the link

Have you already learned classical mechanics, electromagnetism or optics?

no no i am 13 ,but in the college i will

mr1batman said:
no no i am 13 ,but in the college i will

Then you need to learn physics, period, not just "quantum physics". You cannot learn physics in bits and pieces, because they are all connected.

And to be able to do physics, you need a solid foundation in mathematics.

Zz.

Likes mr1batman
ZapperZ said:
Then you need to learn physics, period, not just "quantum physics". You cannot learn physics in bits and pieces, because they are all connected.

And to be able to do physics, you need a solid foundation in mathematics.

Zz.

That's a bit heavy handed reply for an OP that wanted to know where they could start.

i want an article or video that i can start with at the journy of understanding the basics of quantum physics and quantum mechanics

Everyone has to _START_ somewhere. Yes, one will need a solid foundation in mathematics to major in physics or to succeed in college physics courses. But one can certainly make a good start in middle school and high school BEFORE one has all the math needed to succeed in college physics. (I certainly did. The understanding of physics I gained before I was proficient in the math required for college physics served me very well in my career.) No need to put up road blocks.

Likes gmax137
I'll tell you what helped me get into it. As I am seeking advice as well. It started with the crash course Channel on YouTube. Watch the physics section. Here's the thing, the person that does that uses quite a bit of equations. There are some explanations on where they came from but not all of them. Then watch the space-time Channel on YouTube. Both of them are done by PBS. The space-time helped me a lot more because not only does it draw the connections between the language of mathematics. But it shows mathematics as not just a tool, but a description of reality. This distinction made it a lot more interesting for me. Those are all basic concepts without deeper understanding. However, at least you will have an idea and a basic understanding of what physics is.

Likes mr1batman
Jonnybdead said:
I'll tell you what helped me get into it. As I am seeking advice as well. It started with the crash course Channel on YouTube. Watch the physics section. Here's the thing, the person that does that uses quite a bit of equations. There are some explanations on where they came from but not all of them. Then watch the space-time Channel on YouTube. Both of them are done by PBS. The space-time helped me a lot more because not only does it draw the connections between the language of mathematics. But it shows mathematics as not just a tool, but a description of reality. This distinction made it a lot more interesting for me. Those are all basic concepts without deeper understanding. However, at least you will have an idea and a basic understanding of what physics is.
thanks bro i will

Related to How can i start in quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

1. What is quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

Quantum physics and quantum mechanics are branches of physics that study the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It explains the fundamental principles that govern the behavior of particles and their interactions.

2. What are the prerequisites for studying quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

A strong foundation in mathematics and physics is essential for studying quantum physics and quantum mechanics. A good understanding of calculus, linear algebra, and classical mechanics is necessary to grasp the concepts in these fields.

3. How can I start learning about quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

There are various ways to start learning about quantum physics and quantum mechanics. You can start by reading introductory books and articles, watching online lectures and videos, or enrolling in a course at a university or online platform. It is also helpful to practice problem-solving and engage in discussions with other learners.

4. What are some common misconceptions about quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

One common misconception is that quantum physics only applies to abstract and hypothetical scenarios. In reality, many technologies, such as transistors and lasers, are based on quantum principles. Another misconception is that quantum mechanics is fully understood and can be used to predict everything. However, there are still many mysteries and areas of research in this field.

5. What career opportunities are available in quantum physics and quantum mechanics?

There are various career opportunities in quantum physics and quantum mechanics, such as research and development in industries like telecommunications, computing, and defense. Other options include teaching, consulting, and working in government agencies or national laboratories. With the rapid advancements in technology, the demand for professionals in this field is expected to grow in the future.